SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29405466

Fixed glass panel for zero-entry shower?

2rickies
last month

After going around and around about various options, it's looking like a fixed glass panel will work best for my setup. It's a 79" long shower. The controls will be at the opposite end from the shower head, inside the open part so you can reach in to turn on the shower without getting soaked. The open doorway would be approx 30" wide to allow a wheelchair if ever needed, and there would be fixed glass about 4ft wide on the showerhead end of the shower. The shower drain is in the center of the floor. The ceiling is 9ft high, and the glass would go to 7ft high. The shower width is 40.5". The bathroom has radiant floors. The walls outside the shower are not tiled, but I'm wondering if the wall near the opening should be tiled, just in case.

Although the main showerhead will be behind the glass, there is a handheld shower near what would be the open end, pointing toward the main showerhead. It would need to be aimed toward the side that has glass when in use.

Does 4ft of fixed glass seem like enough to prevent a wet bathroom?

Will I be too cold without a door, or will radiant heat make up for that?

What am I not considering?

Fyi, we were originally planning to do a barn-style sliding door with a 30" door. There are very few options in the size we need, apparently, and it looks to me like a door that size requires some kind of guide or track on the bottom, and in a zero entry shower that won't work. Here's the slider that was presented to us as the only option available in the right size: https://splendorglass.com/shower-enclosures/barn-slider-series/galileo-heavy-stationary-panel-with-bypass-sliding-door/

Comments (12)