SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_331063272

Anyone go with larger Prep Sink..... and happy they did it?

C.
last month

Doing a new build with 1 clean up sink (33"-36") + 1 prep sink (size unkown). I'd love to hear from prep sink owners about size (medium or large) + type (workstation or regular) of prep sink you have.

For my current home, I have 1 undermounted single sink. It's 33". I use my cutting board directly beside it and slide all scraps+crumbs right into the sink. Then I use a metal roll up rack that sits on the countrtop over the sink, which is great for holding heavy pots while I clean the bottom of them and also for washing+draining stuff during prep. It's my favorite thing ever.

For the new house, I already know I want a large, fully functional prep sink, probably somewhere between 24"-27" ..... but.......would I benefit from upgrading to a workstation sink where the cutting board+metal rack could sit inside the sink? I know some people place large cutting boards across their sink and it's virtually the same idea. But I'm also liking the idea of an Apron sink (to help my back strain).... and therefore this wouldn't be possible and I'd have to do the workstation apron prep.

I spend years at my sink and want the best way. Please share your experience with me.

Comments (16)