SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zen_man

It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 58

zen_man
last month
last modified: last month

Hello everyone,

Welcome to this ongoing series of message threads about the zinnia hobby. The previous part of this continuing series, It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 57 has gone far beyond 100 messages, and that could make that thread slow to load for some readers, even though photos now appear in these Houzz messages as only inline large thumbnails (that can be clicked on to see larger versions), so we are continuing the series here for yet another fresh start. The same guidelines apply here. Anything remotely related to zinnias is fine. (Or plant breeding in general, feral cats, precocious cats, locusts, pet snails, chupacabras, book comments, or whatever.)

I now live in an in-town apartment with my son and have continued my zinnia hobby by growing a few zinnias indoors this Winter. Zinnias are not houseplants, so growing them indoors does present various problems. I will discuss various aspects of this experience in subsequent messages here. I am still learning about the challenges of growing zinnias indoors, which is part of the fun of doing this. There are some advantages to growing zinnias indoors. I can sit in a comfortable rolling chair while doing cross-pollination. And the timers on my lights let me control the photoperiod of my zinnias. I welcome your participation in this message thread.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus