SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zen_man

It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 52

zen_man
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

Welcome to this ongoing series of message threads. The previous part of this continuing series, It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 51, has way exceeded 100 messages, which could make that thread slow to load, even though photos now appear as only inline large thumbnails, so we are continuing the series here for yet another fresh start. The same guidelines apply here. Anything remotely related to zinnias is fine. (Or plant breeding in general, or feral cats or precocious cats or locusts or pet snails or chupacabras or book comments or whatever.)

My South Garden is adjacent to our chicken house, and the chickens tend to treat that garden as their play yard. That includes dusting themselves in my planted zinnia rows, so to prevent that I laid some of my zinnia cages on their side in the seed rows. That has worked after a fashion.

As it happens, one of the "culprits" is in that picture.

I planted my North Garden first, so I have many harvest-able seed heads there.

As always, I look forward to your participation here if you are new to this series of message threads, or to your continued participation if you have been here before. Your comments, questions, and photos are welcome. More later.

ZM

Comments (109)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath