SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elsa_kennedy

Need help: prefab quartzite slabs, flat eased edge with laminate

Elsa Kennedy
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Hi, I found prefabricated taj mahal slabs that come in flat eased edge with laminate. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the laminate on the edge until after I put down the deposit. Now I'm questioning whether the slabs are the right fit for my kitchen and whether they have any quality issues.

First, the laminated edge, which shows the two slabs being glued together, makes me wonder if the vendor tried to hide some defects in the slab. I'm concerned about the quality of the prefabricated slabs. I'm curious if anyone has had experience with pre-fab quartizites and has any comments about the quality or the reason for flat eased edge with laminate. I examined the slab and I couldn't tell any other quality issues.

Second, the taj mahal slabs will be installed as the center island countertop and stove backsplash. I have concrete countertops with flat ease edge (see photo below) in the perimeters of the kitchen. Clearly, there is a difference if one looks closely. Is the difference in edge a no-no in kitchen design?

I'm dwelling on the slabs because it has been really challenging to find a slab that goes with my kitchen. My kitchen has hickory floor that has aged and took on a tint of yellow, knotty pine ceiling and taupe concrete counters. This slab has all the right colors and undertones. It's beautiful. Lastly, the savings to go with pre-fab is a few thousand dollars. If there is in no compromise with the quality, the savings is definitely a plus.

Here are photos of my kitchen.

Comments (3)