SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crj128

Quartzite counter identification help, please!

crj128
6 years ago

Hello!

Firstly, im so happy I've stumbled upon this forum - after spending hours, no DAYS reading up on quartzite counters I'm torn trying to decide what to do for our kitchen remodel! We feel in love with a gorgeous slab of sea pearl but it was on hold and the lady and her two young girls came in as we were talking to the owner and as she was walking out she told them "okay girls this is it, we're done looking" - darn. So we went to another yard in search of more Sea Pearl and there's wasn't nearly as pretty... but we did find a gorgeous slab of what they have labeled as coconut white quartzite... I've posted pictures below, it's a beautiful white with greyish/blueish/greenish variations and best of all SPARKLES!

All that to say, does anyone have any experience with a quartzite named coconut white? I haven't seen it anywhere else (by that name or another) Is this a true quartizte, or one of those "combo" stones which are less forgiving and etch quickly, scratch easily etc? No kids, but a husband! Lastly, when the counter is fabricated, do the beloved sparkles cut well or start chipping and chunking out as the blade passes by?! I nearly fainted when I heard the cost for our small kitchen, but love the look and don't want to be pennywise and dollar foolish as they say since we're already in so deep! It seams as Sea Pearl is a known hard quartzite and would be less worrysome should a miracle happen and the lady decided on something else or if we're able to find another slab we like!

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any advice!!

Comments (18)