SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendy_wesselhoft

Bi Level/Raised Ranch Mud Room

Wendy Wesselhoft
2 months ago

Has anyone added a ground floor entry door on side of Bi Level and made the downstairs room a mud
Room?

We own a Bi Level house. We love the school, neighbors, dead end street and water view. We don’t love the house lol. Our main issues is storage and all the stairs. When you go in front door it’s half way between floors. Flight down to bedroom/office (it’s a playroom now) to right. Living room, laundry and bathroom. The other half downstairs is garage. Flight up to living and bedrooms. I hate all the up and down of stairs and we have no place for shoes, coats, packages, sports stuff etc.

I want to add a door on ground level on side of house into the “bedroom” on the bottom floor. We would still have main entrance and we would just use side door bc would go right into that extra bedroom I want to make a mudroom. You would walk through mudroom leave all stuff then go up the two flights to upstairs. I can’t find any examples online of this. With lack of storage I am surprised more people have not done this. Anyone have pictures of this? Thanks!

Comments (38)