SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jklafehn

Looking for compact pink rose to pair with Bliss and Vanessa Bell

3 months ago

Hello again everyone,

I had posted a few months back about which roses to plant in my front yard and you all were incredibly helpful in recommending Bliss Parfuma, Vanessa Bell, and Olivia Rose Austin. I was about ready to hit "purchase" on all three when, after doing a bit more research, realized that Olivia is not nearly as compact as I thought she had been and likely won't work in the space I had planned to plant her, which was flanking the entrance to the house (see rendering below). Even 4' would be a bit of a stretch, but some accounts of Olivia had her growing to 6', which definitely will NOT work.

I know BP and VB are not small roses, but from what I've seen, both can be kept to about 4' with regular pruning, which is okay given their location in the garden.

This brings me to the question of the hour: what suggestions do you all have for a light pink rose (that will pair well with BP and VB) that is a showstopper (given its front and center location) but more compact (3'-3.5') and resistant to black spot? Does one such rose exist?

Comments (17)