Overnight French Toast Casserole
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
Related Discussions
French Toast Casserole - in Penzeys One
Comments (2)I've made a French Toast casserole very similar to that, we really enjoyed it. The berry sauce sounds really good with it, I'll be sure to try that the next time I make it. Thanks!...See MoreFrench toast?
Comments (35)Well...I have recruited the help of "The dietitian!"...my friend and often co-cook, who knowas lots about amounts etc... My other side kick, the caterer, is on the gulf coast! The bread is not regulart bread but unsliced French bread....about 4 to 5 inches in diameter, and the sausages are those little smokies cocktail things, on special for super Bowl sunday! In a meeting of the minds, with The Dietitian and me, we decided that 5 eggs per pint of milk should be about right. And we figured out we wanted to use one egg per 3 slices of bread. so I will buy 6 dozen eggs and 2 gallons of milk, realizing that some kids will want "vanilla milk" instead of chocolate. And we will monitor the intake of the little smokies. We will buy canned peaches and have fresh pineapple, bananas and grapes (the grapes weren't my idea)...some fruit will be donated...like bananas and a pineapple. I have 3 "fryers" abd others to do the dishing and pouring milk etc. And I just had an email saying that about 5 choir members will come early for practise so they can eat....will I have enough? Sure I said! The baked stuff in theory sounds easier...b ut for that nunber...it's really easier to fry and slap on platters in the oven, and put the plattersd on the table as needed, than to construct 10 casseroles. BUT....I won't be buying eggs nor nmilk nor the fresh fruit until we see what the weather is!! not supposed to be bad....but the reason I am cooking this week is because there was a weather cancellation and the person who was supposed to cook, can';t......See MoreSunday Breakfast...
Comments (14)Made with fresh challah, right out of the bakery oven this morning. Still warm when he brought it home. Copied and pasted your recipe, Jessy! Looks great! I still have cardamom left from the dirt balls. Maybe I should pass this recipe on to our mutual friend, I know she has cardamom :) Tricia, I just posted to your thread, it sounds so good for my family (except the crab, I am allergic, but my family LOVES asparagus!) We had similar breakfast yesterday to Momj47 and Woodie, eggs, sausage and toast, and coffee. At the diner. I love diner breakfasts, and it was nice, just Larry and I! and about ten other neighbors we ran into, LOL! San, can't do early breakfasts here, too, we have breakfasts really late on the weekend! No morning people here. yes, yes was a post on the Nueske's I remember. Haven't seen it here either. Nancy, Eggs Benedict sounds so good! Haven't made that in ages! LOL, Terri, I love your lunch :) we eat leftover for breakfast all the time. Cold chinese! Teresa, I never had chipped beef. How do you make that?...See MoreLOOKING for: French Bread casseroles
Comments (5)This one sounds similar but serves 20 so you may need to reduce it: BUFFET BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (serves 20) 1 large loaf day-old French bread, torn into pieces 6 TBL melted butter 1/2 lb chopped ham 3/4 lb shredded Swiss cheese 1/2 lb shredded Monterey Jack 16 eggs 3 cups milk 3/4 cup dry white wine 4 green onions, thinly sliced 1/2 tsp cayenne 1 1/2 TBL Dijon mustard 1 1/2 cups sour cream 3/4 cup Parmesan Grease two 13x9x2" casserole dishes. Spread bread pieces in each pan & drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with ham, Swiss & Monterey Jack cheeses. Mix eggs, milk, wine, green onions, mustard & pepper & beat until foamy. Pour half over each casserole & refrigerate several hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325°, cover & bake 1 hour. Remove from oven, spread with sour cream & sprinkle tops with Parmesan. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.~~Tide & Thyme This one will work with stale French Bread also & can be halved: OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST (serves 15) 16 oz cream cheese, cubed 12 eggs, beaten 2 cups milk 1/3 cup maple syrup 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 8 slices white bread, crusts removed, cubed Combine cream cheese, eggs, milk, maple syrup & cinnamon in a bowl & mix well. Add the bread & mix gently. Spoon into a 9x13 baking pan. chill, covered for 8-10 hours. Bake, uncovered in a preheated 375° oven for 40 minutes. Sere with additional maple syrup.~~Texas Ties...See More- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEHow to Stay Relaxed When Hosting Overnight Guests
Make sure their visit goes smoothly by following these simple steps
Full Story
THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: How to Have a Successful Potluck
Avoid confusion over food allergies, leftovers, casserole dishes and who gets to drink that nice bottle of wine with these helpful tips
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story

KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
MOST POPULARIs Open-Plan Living a Fad, or Here to Stay?
Architects, designers and Houzzers around the world have their say on this trend and predict how our homes might evolve
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN20 Kitchen Must-Haves From Houzz Readers
We asked you to tell us your top kitchen amenities. See what popular kitchen features made the list
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: A Real Sit-Down Breakfast
Give grab-and-go the heave-ho. To start the day right, treat yourself to a proper breakfast in a cheery spot
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN5 Home Cooks Share Their Favorite Family Recipes
Peek inside the kitchens of these Houzz users and learn how to cook their time-tested, passed-down dishes
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN11 Must-Haves in a Designer’s Dream Kitchen
Custom cabinets, a slab backsplash, drawer dishwashers — what’s on your wish list?
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
jerseygirl07603 z6NJ