SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_913321892

Tear apart my kitchen layout!!

HU-913321892
3 months ago

Hi all:
I would like to get feedback from all you Houzzers before finalizing kitchen layout. I
didn’t hire a KD, and hoping it wasn’t a mistake (let me know if it was, and why ;)

Things to know about us;
We are a fam of 6. Myself, my husband and our 4 kids ranging in age from 9 to 1.5 years. We cook a lot and host often.

We have a kosher kitchen, which means we keep our meat and dairy food/prep separate. Our kitchen will have 2 sinks, 2 ovens, 2 DW, 2 cooktops.

The island is the dairy zone
The L shape is the meat zone

Our kitchen is a ‘thoroughfare’. You need to walk through the kitchen in order to move from the front of the house (entry and small living room) to access the combined dining room/family room area behind kitchen.

I created a full wall of pantries on left side to give a sense of a hallway and reduce the feel of walking through a kitchen to the degree that I could. It’s also important that this walkway not be too narrow for that reason.

I hope to get 3 seats on island. I would buy a fourth stool and use it if needed on the pantry side (perhaps I can take out the cabinets under island, facing entryway to create overhang for that side seat) not ideal cuz may disrupt traffic flow.

Things in design that aren’t accurate/not shown

1. Island will have 2 burner, induction cooktop. Not 4 burner as shown. (Where exactly should I place it?)
  2. wall of pantry will extend the full depth of the wall, no space as shown. (15”)
  3. I will place garbage under both sinks (we produce a lot of garbage 🙈)
  4. on fridge wall, we will have a custom range hood (not random cabinet as shown) and some floating shelves to house plants and decorative containers for flour, sugar etc I want to keep that wall open to balance the full wall of pantries.

I will post pics, let me know if they are high enough quality.

Thank you!!!

Comments (17)