SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nck_s

Help me.. with.. the layout of my apartment! :)

Nick S
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hey guys!

I hope you are all doing fine and your family is safe during this pandemic. You all have been helpful to me before when I had to choose between some different apartments, the reason why I'm starting a new topic.

Who am I?

My name is Nick. I'm 26 years old, and I live near Amsterdam. Recently I've bought an apartment on the top floor of a complex. The apartment is about 50 m2. I am a lawyer. Being creative with the law is something I can do. But outside of that I am terrible :'-). It's quite scary buying your first house on paper. The architect has made a layout, and it's quite hard for me to look past that. Right now the complex is being built, so I can still make some small changes. In a few weeks I'll have a meeting with the builders of the apartment and they will be asking me if I want to make some changes.

I think about getting an interior designer; but I would love to have some input from you guys.

What do I want?

• I will be living alone in the apartment. My partner might end up joining me someday, but that's not my focus right now.
  • I don't need a big kitchen. I might want to add one or two more kitchen blocks cause the standard kitchen might be a little bit too small. But not more besides that. Sadly I can't move the kitchen (the drain etc.). only expand it a bit.
  • I would love to have a big dinner table so I will be able to sit there with friends.
  • I might want to get rid of 'slaapkamer 2' (the small bedroom). So I can enlarge the living/kitchen area.
  • I would love to have a desk somewhere, so I can work from home and put my desktop on there too. The 'slaapkamer 2' might be the right way to go.
  • In the Netherlands everything is so close that guests probably won't sleep over. If they do, they can sleep on the couch. So no need to have any extra room.

I honestly hope you guys can help me out a bit. Please feel free to let your creativity go wherever it takes you. Right now I mainly need some inspiration with the layout. Please stay healthy and safe!

Nick

THE LAYOUT:

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm