SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_653312952

Blue or ivory velvet upholstery for living room club chairs??

5 months ago

I would appreciate thoughts on which color Crypton velvet to choose for two club chairs in a room where all other upholstery is ivory/white.

I love the blue (#1), but wonder if it would be too much color for the room. Depending on the light, it can appear light or darker. Attached are photos of the fabric aimed at capturing that. The ivory (#2) is beautiful, but I wonder if using it would be missing an opportunity to introduce color into the room, and possibly boring since all other upholstery and slipcovers in this room and in our den are cream/white. I’ve been looking at these fabrics in different rooms and different light for days…. Any tips for deciding what would be best?? Any tried and true rules that help in a situation like this?? Any simple votes regarding preferred swatch?

The attached photos also show a floral that I would use for a couple of throw pillows, which has the blue in it, and there’s a photo of the room that shows a bit of one of the club chairs on the left in its current state (old terra cotta colored upholstery). Many thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Comments (44)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!