SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Help Me Find Upholstery Fabric For Dining Room Chairs

Helen
5 years ago

I am not having great luck locating.a fabric for my dining room chairs. The dining area is part of an open floor plan so it should complement the fabric choices I’ve made for the living room furniture.

My sofa is being done in a teal blue velvet and I am having my vintage 1920’s channel quilted chair with carved wood done in a geometric pattern.

My designer suggested a Vern Yip print but I think it reads a bit dark and I am also concerned that it isn’t as durable as fabric for a dining room chair should be as it’s a satin jacquard with somewhat of a light solid background. I could live with the gingko leaves as they reference period styles and designers I am fond of - e.g. Art Deco, Art Nouveau, William Morris, Charles Rennie MacKintosh, Arts & Crafts but I am not wild about the motif.

I have tentatively selected this chair which has a bit of a moderne Art Deco feel and the table will have a glass top with a base that complements whatever dining chair I finally select.

I have been searching the internet with stops at most of the major fabric suppliers and can’t seem to find a fabric that has a pattern I like with colors that complement the teal blue that I have selected as the main color palette for the living area. If I like a pattern, it’s not made in a color or colors that work and oddly the universe of teal textiles isn’t large although sadly (or ironically) the New York Times proclaimed dark teal to be a trending color in this weekend’s paper :-)

The dining area is open to the kitchen which will have a teal green and copper backsplash if that should be factored in.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Although I am not slavishly attempting to recreate a period I would ideally like a textile that references back to the periods I like if possible.

Vern Yip Fabric which I think is too drab and dull (among other things). In person it reads more beige than taupe.

Dining Rom Chair which is the current front runner but hasn't been finalized

This is a Liberty of London fabric which is based on a 1905 fabric. I really like it but I think it is too close to the blue velvet sofa in feel so it would be off - not close enough to work and not contrasting enough to be complementary.

Comments (3)