SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amydmg

Help my 11 year old daughter wants to have a Barbie inspired room

Amy M
6 months ago

We replaced windows in our house and its the perfect time to redo my girls bedrooms. My 11 year old has been inspired by the barbie movie and wants her room to be Barbie pink!. I love pink but am afraid it may be better to accent with it. The new windows are white and the trim color is SW Natural white the wall color WAS SW gorgeous white. Any inspirational ideas I can show her to get her on a design track she will be happy with for the next 5 years would be great! She is very eccentric, loves fashion and Broadway. She currently has a loft bed that she wants to keep without the bed underneath, because she either wants it as a hangout space or to add a desk. I also need a new light fixture. And help with furniture placement. She has lots of windows and 3 doorways with closet, jack n jill bath and entrance. I'm attaching a drawing of her room and a photo of her bed. I want her to love it and be what she wants but it's not something I can repaint with every whim she has! She has barbie sheets and duvet.

Comments (35)