SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stefaniecowan

Kitchen help !!

stefaniecowan
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

We did a kitchen renovation and something just doesn’t feel right to me. The elements I love are the dark island, and the dark hood. The outer cabinet color with the handles feels wrong to me. Would love any advise or input ! Different handles? Different surround cabinet color? go all dark?!

ok i have attatched more pictures for context and clarification. This is the other side of the kitchen which is a built in dining room. There are a ton of windows in the space. The counter stools are pictured but will be replaced depending on if we end up painting the exterior cabinets. If we keep the cabinets the grey color we will do the PB FOLSOM counter stools if we go all dark ill try to find all wood counter stool. But definirely not worried about the counter stools right now as i love the island its the perimeter that feels off to me.I am not questioning layout or even cabinets truly my only design dilemma is whether to paint the perimeter cabinets a more bold color as they seem bland in contrast or if switching hardware to a polished brass or polished nickel or even that polished black will solve that. The current hardware is Top Knobs brass. See below. looks stunning on the black island but doesnt pop on perimeter cabinets.

Comments (57)