SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edwmom

Chandelier Analysis Paralysis

edwmom
6 months ago

Hi there. Unfortunately, a big section of an oak tree sheared off and came crashing through our roof, attic and into our dining room. In addition to trashing our house & making a huge mess it broke our dining room chandelier - which was a hand me down and too small for the room/table.
I've been looking online pick something to replace it and the more I look the more stuck I get. There are so many things that I like, and also so much doubt about whether any of those things go with the room, are too big or too small, etc.
I also might get rid of the current table and chairs in there (which are pushed to the side of the room in the photo due to the clean up crew) because they are scratched up from the tree. I have a black reclaimed wood restoration hardware trestle table and black cane back chairs that I might move from the kitchen into the dining room space, but I'm not sure they would work in there.
For now I'm sticking with the wall colors.
Our house is mostly traditional, with some more modern touches. We don't use our formal dining room much unfortunately. And I wouldn't mind making it a little less formal, but I still want it to look high-end.
What kind of chandelier would you put in this room?
Thank you for your guidance and suggestions!

Comments (105)