SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nekotish

MOB dress - but not til a year from now!

nekotish
8 months ago

Have been wedding dress shopping with my DD, whose wedding will be in October 2024, but she is a get'er done type. Over the last couple of days, we had appointments at three bridal galleries. Initially she was all over the place but was willing to try on lots of differnt styles. In 48 hours, she went from, full lace sleeves with a train dresses to very minimal, Audrey Hepburn styles. She has inherited broad shoulders from DH's side and she was a competitive swimmer, so very muscular upper arms, back, chest. Yesterday, the third dress she tried on was apparently it. No embellishments, elbow length moderately bell sleeves, fit and flare. I'd share a picture, but have been asked not to at this point. She is looking at a detachable "wedding cape" in lieu of a train and/or veil. She's my monkey, but it's not my circus. Anyway, I found a dress that I loved but now I feel it is too formal for the vibe. I have some severe foot problems that cause me have to wear flats and although I would have preferred a long dress to cover up said foot problems, the MOG and bridesmaids will all be wearing tea length dresses so I think I should too. First pic is the dress that I originally had in mind. Unfortunately, the dress does not lend itself to being altered to tea length. Second pic is the shoes that I have ordered to try.

Comments (40)