SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Another Dress Challenge - MOB and MOG

Funkyart
6 years ago

Actually, for a sister. My sister and I were going to take our other sister (who loathes shopping) to the city to find both a mob dress and a mog dress-- but then we thought, you know what would be *more* fun is to order a bunch of dresses for her, get a bottle (or three) of wine and do an at home fashion show. I feared middle sister would be resistant to this but it turns out that she loves the idea. She's leaving all the choices up to us because we are more into fashion and because she feels overwhelmed by the choices... the challenge for us is that she has a completely different shape and different coloring than we do. So I thought I'd open it up to the many fashion savvy women here.

Only a few guidelines:

• She has dark hair/blue eyes and will likely be fit and tanned after a summer on the water. She has no hips or butt.. and no defined waist. Her stomach isn't flat but it isn't big in the least. She's average height with a long waist.

• no preference on sleeves.. sleeveless is fine.

• no preference on sequins or lace or none-- but nothing too fussy

• no form fitted dresses.. and she'd prefer something that will create a waist for her

• she looks best in jewel tones

• no full length because both weddings are outdoors -- but she'd be willing to have a full length gown hemmed

• she'd prefer something below knee length

• No jacket.. but she'll wear a wrap in the evening.

Any and all suggestions appreciated-- please include brand or store with your suggestions! We're planning to order 10-12 styles for her to try.

Comments (115)