SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Would it bother you? A social dilemma

Jasdip
10 months ago

A close friend has unfriended someone. The friend wasn't going to the last dance we went to, so my friend wore a particular coloured top. At the last minute "D" decided she was able to go, and spoke to my friend "B" to ask if she'd pick her up. B told her that she was wearing the top, and for D not to wear one like it, as she wore it at the last dance. B is emphatic about not liking to wear the same clothes as others.

When she arrived to pick her up D came out of the house wearing the exact same colour as B was, even though she wore it at the previous dance, and B said she was wearing it, as D wasn't planning on going to the dance.

Are you confused yet? LOL

Anyway they both went to the dance, sitting at the table with the rest of us, wearing the same colour. B was livid, and a couple of people had commented on the Bobbsey Twins, jokingly.

B stopped talking to D, isn't even telling her of the upcoming dance next week, and she gets madder every day thinking of it.

I wore a black and white top, and a couple. who are friends, both had black and white shirts on and we all laughed when we saw each other. I was up dancing with them, and she commented that we all got the memo. I thought it was funny, no harm done of course, and it didn't bother me, 3 of us wearing black and white tops.

Sooooo, would it bother you to extremes if a close friend "Knowingly" wore the same colour as you, when she was specifically told not to?

Comments (63)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!