Man, I got so lucky with my car accident
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (63)
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
Related Discussions
A car accident... Enough is enough!
Comments (34)So sorry to hear about this - how frustrating! This sounds like my kind of luck. May of this past year, we hit a deer, which totaled our van. We searched forever for a good used van (since the insurance company didn't give us much for ours - it was older, but in mint condition). Our financial situation is not in a position to add another monthly payment. Finally in August we found one that "worked" - although we weren't sure about buying a Chevy. But I needed one by fall, when my craft shows started, so we decided to get it. We got it on Sunday afternoon and Monday I drove it to town and got whammed in the rear end. We hadn't even had the title work done yet. I was sick. But it was fixable and I wasn't hurt - so it all worked out. So glad Carol wasn't hurt anymore than she was - been there done that - triple Advil every 4-6 hrs. was the dr. advice for me - that is prescription strenth. We got hit with 8 or more inches of snow this weekend and as we were shoveling/clearing the drive/sidewalks, I asked my husband if he could imagine climbing on the roof and shoveling it! We just replaced that roof 2 summers ago and I will attest that it was SCAREY being up there when it was dry, let alone snow covered and slippery! I can't even imagine. Hang in there - spring is just around the corner! Arlene...See MoreNot sure what to do - car accident situation
Comments (4)You didn't say if there was any damage to her car as well. Based on your account, and IMHO you are both responsible for the accident. you left it in gear and she should've checked or gotten into the car before releasing the E-brake. Christopherh: depending on where they are located and what their deductibles are, going through the insurance company may be more expensive then just paying out of pocket. Everyone is lucky no one was injured. Maybe you should cash the check for $100 because I don't think you're going to get much more out of these folks....See MoreNow the left side of my car got hit today :o(
Comments (35)Glad that it wasn't a bang on the driver's door, girl! Not long after I got this car, I thought that I went into an intersection on a green ... and a car that came through three lanes hit on the driver's side ... but back at the back tire area. I was ... substantially ... very substantially ... thankful! It seemed to be the general concensus that I'd run a red light ... but I figure that he ran a yellow, as when my car had been turned around about 180 degrees - there, staring at me through the windsheld, was a green light, in the same direction that I'd been travelling ... and if I'd run a red light, it should have been red! Anyway - I also like to pick spaces in parking lots where I can drive out (but must confess to being a bit too lazy/(mis-guided?) to back into empty spaces). I hear that a bit of a longer walk is good for one's constitution? By the way ... did you say that the grandkid is wanting a car? Hhm-mm-mm-m! Hope that the rest of your weekend goes better. I, too, value my wheels ... and one needs be extra careful around here, for if one in 70s or higher is in a fender-bender or two, one is liable to get a letter from the Ministry of Transportation to say that they are cancelling one's driving permit. We have a discussion session of about an hour and a half with about a dozen others, with a test of knowledge and signs, with some being selected for a driving test, every two years after age 80. ole joyful P.S. As I was fairly sure that there were still quite a few good miles in that little 20-year-old Mazda that I'd bought only a few months earlier, after the accident I chose to repair it, at a cost larger than I'd paid for it ... partly for environmental reasons, as it costs a great deal of scarce and precious fuel to dig iron ore from the ground, smelt it, then carry it through all of the manufacturing operations ... plus add quite a lot of petroleum-based plastic, to build a new one, but repair is mainly a lot of work. In addition to the amount that's added to global warming ... and pollution. o j...See MoreMy Daughter Was In A Car Accident Today...
Comments (19)I'm sorry to hear that--it's devastating for them when they have that car they love and it gets banged up. Please have her be very aware of her health for the next few weeks. When DD was in an accident some years back, she went to the hospital, was checked out and X-rayed, was fine that night. But within 2 weeks, she developed a back problem that's going to give her pain and problems the rest of her life. My second suggestion is to do what we did. Turn the whole thing over to your attorney. Don't talk to your insurance (other than to alert them that there WAS an accident), don't negociate with the other fellow's insurance, don't deal with the medical bills--just let your lawyer do all that. If your lawyer is any good at all, your daughter will come out way ahead, even after his fee--I know my dd did quite well (although, no amount of money can ever compensate one for a lifetime--well, 50-70 years--of pain). But the last headache your daughter needs right now, is having to deal with insurance companies--encourage her to let a professional handle it for her....See More- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years agorob333 (zone 7b) thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
Related Stories

DREAM SPACESA Car Lover's Man Cave Kicks Into High-Luxury Gear
Fast cars, fine wines and a high-tech bathroom elevate this backyard outpost to the realm of dream space
Full Story
MIDCENTURY STYLEFollow One Man’s Midcentury-Mailbox Dream
An ill-fitting mailbox leads a determined dad on a quest — and possibly to a new business
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Style Rules in a Man’s 450-Square-Foot Studio
Fresh materials and a space-saving Murphy bed replace dated finishes (no more popcorn ceiling!)
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNSo Over Stainless in the Kitchen? 14 Reasons to Give In to Color
Colorful kitchen appliances are popular again, and now you've got more choices than ever. Which would you choose?
Full Story
MAN SPACESHouzz Call: Show Us Your Man Cave
If you've got a man-focused space for tinkering, collecting, rocking out or even just daydreaming, we'd love to see it
Full Story
PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIES3 Ways Native Plants Make Gardening So Much Better
You probably know about the lower maintenance. But native plants' other benefits go far beyond a little less watering and weeding
Full Story
ENTERTAININGGot Hand-Me-Down Dinnerware? Make a Memorable Meal
They might be mismatched and not your style, but those inherited plates and forks can help bring meaning to your table
Full Story
LIGHTINGSo You Bought a Cave: 7 Ways to Open Your Home to Light
Make the most of the natural light your house does have — and learn to appreciate some shadows, too
Full Story
colleenoz