SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Thank-you, Australia, for the lamb chops

plllog
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

The title really says it all. You might remember that (good) lamb chops are my favorite all time food. I mostly get the groceries I can't get from the farm from a local store that's pretty close to me. They don't sell the butter I like for baking, and there wasn't anything I particularly needed from that store, so I ordered from the one off store that's twice as far away, but has the best butcher. I'm always trying to increase my meat intake--I'm the only person I know who needs more meat. So, I took the opportunity to buy the best. :) And treated myself to rib lamb chops. No picture. no brand. But I trust the butcher. It didn't even say any details. I usually prefer double cut (two bones), and love the little ittle New Zealand ones from WF, since there just isn't California lamb like I grew up on available.

I blindly ordered "2" and ended up with two packages of single cut, normal (not ittle) Australian chops. They weren't exactly poorly butchered, but not pretty either, and the bones weren't cleaned (good! More to gnaw on!). I have to think they let one of the young guys cut them. So, I made them right away, in my normal way, on a well heated cast iron grill plate under the broiler. Naked. Just some finishing salt.

They were SO GOOD!!! Tender, sweet, full lamb chop flavor. Yay Australia!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!