SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

OT - my garden projects

Julia WV (6b)
10 months ago

The men finished the shed pad today so now I have a chance to post my garden wall project that started last spring/summer along with my front bed which needs an expansion.I love rudbeckias but this year they are getting a bit out of control along with the yarrow.

Stone walls, steps and patio completed by local landscaper and I added in the bedding plants and bushes this spring. They are starting to fill out nicely. I'm still trying to find something to hide the electrical and cable boxes. Can't dig too deeply since the lines run near the walls. I added coneflowers, phlox, lavender, hot pokers, bee balm, rudbeckia and lupines, I'm sure I missed naming some. I call this the hill side gardens. Snuffed out all the grass, mulched as best as I could but it still needs more. The landscaper is coming back in a couple of weeks to hopefully put a gravel path out from where he left off last year and mulch the rest.

I'm thinking to move the rose bush and trellis out of that spot by the upper wall. Still thinking on that. I don't like the trellia hiding the upper wall.

Flagstone patio is 12 x 14.

The front garden beds. The rudbeckia, yarrow and balloon flowers are taking over so expansion is in the works to move some of them out perhaps to the hill side garden where bushes are planted. I moved the two hydrageas I had in the small bed to the hill side gardens. That small bed does not get a lot of sun closer to the porch. Right now i have 4 dayliies in that area. Isle of Patmos, Earth And All Stars,Filled to Overflowing and Allegheny Skyline. Plus a bleeding heart which has now outgrown its spot.

That is Rocks Cry Out next to the yarrow on the end towards driveway.

Planning to expand to the right and around the crape Myrtle tree. Walking/gardenng path between where I left off and the new area. I have a lot of soil/compost mix left from my veggie garden raised beds so will mix that in to this horrible clay soil. I think this will give the existing daylilies more room and get more sun.

So far that is it for today. Yes a lot of work but I enjoy it. Thunderstorm predicted for this afternoon and rain, rain, rain into the evening hours.

Julia

Comments (6)