SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crackingtheconcrete

OT: I almost spent the Night in My Garden!

I got a somewhat late-night call from a former student who was in my area, and I got all excited, so I popped the locks on my apartment doors and went out with no keys or phone and my infant daughter and had a fantastic chat on the sidewalk in front of our building for a while and it was so nice!

When I went to go back in, one of the last people to go into the building, must have turned the handle to lock because I couldn't get the door open. Lol

I'm buzzing and buzzing and no one hears, so I tiptoe through my daylily alley, semi-afraid of running into a possum (for some reason, these and raccoons hang out in our area of the city) and go yell at the windows.

No one hears me.

I start scanning the garden for items that won't break glass if I throw it, and start lobbing things like a pitcher lid, a plastic alligator lol (my daughter has these Huge eyes, like "Why are we throwing things at the window in our garden when it's dark?")

So, I have great aim...and still no one comes.

Desperately, I go back and start buzzing other doorbells, but no one hears me because the air conditioners are too noisy.

Finally, I tiptoe back through the garden, go to the storm door and kick it so hard my daughter cries from the noise, but success!!!

Hurrah!!!

I was wondering if I'd have to spend the night outside and was disappointed that I hadn't planted more fragrant, white plants ;)

Of course, my husband thought I was nuts.

"Who goes out in bare feet with no phone, and no keys this late at night?"

*silence*

*raises hand meekly* Me?

Comments (5)