SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Saturday's blooms

It was cool again last night so some of the flowers don't look so good today. Today was also the first day we have done any hybridizing. We pollinated 11 flowers. Off to a slow start, but at least it's a start.

We picked up Band of Fire at a local garden center. I didn't expect the eye and edge to be so big.

Heavenly Purple Twister had its first flower open today.

Primal Scream made an appearance today.

This is the second flower open on Princess Sonja. It was lopsided because it hung up this morning.

Sioux Hall is one of my favorite small-flowered ones, even though lavender is not my color.

This is for all you who don't like stipples. It's the most stippled one we have. It is Spots Before My Eyes. We planted last season and it has already made a big clump.

Wickedly Wild and Wonderful is wonderful today.

It was a great day for dark-colored seedlings. Here is the best of the bunch, the Queen of the Garden. It is Snidely Whiplash X Eggplant Luminosity. Eggplant Luminosity is giving us some of the darkest colors we have seen in our breeding for dark ones. In person the petal color was actually darker. It's hard to photograph this color.

The diploid Queen is Brer Rabbit's Baby X Out of Balance. Out of Balance is giving some nicely shaped offspring.

That's all for me.

Nancy

Comments (5)