SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Some days just don't come easy...

mxk3 z5b_MI
10 months ago

I really wish I would have just planned to go out to dinner today...

It all started when I overslept. By 4 hours. It was downhill from there. Dropped a fresh egg on the floor when making breakfast, had to clean up that mess. Challah bread dough turned out super-sticky, even after adding what amounted to probably too much extra flour when kneading -- did I have another measuring cup mishap? IDK, I've made this recipe before, it's never this sticky. I wasn't paying attention after braiding the challah and applied the egg wash before the second rise, but I think it will probably be ok.

Went to make the spice rub for the grilled chicken breasts and realized I didn't have all the ingredients. Had to drop everything and run out to the grocer, there went 30 minutes out of my already stretched thin cooking time -- refer to above about oversleeping 4 hours. DH proceeds to tell me the grill is broken, he can't grill the cx. Ok, fine, in that case Plan B is the broiler...except my broiler cr*pped out on me quite a while ago and I've been without ever since. DH said he'd pan-fry the chicken, but IDK how that's going to turn out, they've got a rub on them for grilling.

My starch is roasted gold potatoes. Grabbed those out of the basement fridge to prep and they're frozen. AAARRRGH!! If I give them enough time to thoroughly thaw and pat out the extra moisture I might be able to salvage these, all I can do is try -- I'm not going to the store AGAIN. At least I have some challah bread that might turn out all right. Maybe?

I haven't even gotten to the vegetables yet....

Comments (7)