SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Some FFOs and an Improved Bloom

shive
11 months ago

I'm seeing a bit more color in the beds today. Several daylilies had their openings yesterday and today.

Ghost Gifts ffo - This Salter evergreen had no problem with what the weather dished out here the past six months. It has tall, decently budded scapes. It also had good increase from last year, unlike most of my cultivars.

Mystical Intuition ffo - Shorter than usual with less than half the fans with scapes.

Applique ffo - Some scapes nearly the registered height and others down in the foliage.

Bill Norris ffo - Scapes shorter than the previous two years.

Stone Palace Rejoice finally has a bloom with no splotches.

Aerial Applique ffo - Winter weather and the late freeze took its toll on this one. It has scapes on less than half the fans and two scapes with only one bud.

Early Melody ffo - Same problems as the others.

White Tooth X Skater #5 - This is a second-day bloom on this seedling, which is blooming for the second year. It's one of my favorites of this cross, but the scapes are still short - 22 or 23 inches tall. The bloom would be an 8-incher if the petals did not roll back. It is an evergreen, so I'm hoping for taller scapes on rebloom or next year.

Dancing Flaming X a UF #1 had its ffo today. It's a bit shorter than the previous two years.

Debra

Comments (7)