SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pricklypearcactus

Atlanta for a Day + Cocktail Attire Opinions

pricklypearcactus
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

In just a few weeks I'll be taking a one day trip to Atlanta for an event at my husband's new work. We will have some free time during the day before the event and are staying in a hotel near the airport. Does anyone have some recommendations for something fun to do for a few hours in Atlanta?

The event has a "cocktail attire (ties optional)" dress code and takes place at 5:30pm. If possible, I prefer to shop my closet for a dress as I do have a few that I have not yet had the opportunity to wear. I used to wear heels all the time, but I haven't needed to in a while, so I definitely need to stay around 3" (little over or a little under are probably ok). I don't think I have any cocktail appropriate purses.

This is Dress 1 that I own that I am thinking of wearing. It's pictured here on the model, not me. Adrianna Papell. The embroidered leaves do have a little sheen to them. Will this dress work for end of May in Atlanta for "cocktail attire"?

Alternatively, this is Dress 2 that I own and I have considered: Tracy Reese color block sheath dress that I already own. It's quite fitted and a softer matte stretch material. Again this is a picture on a model, not me.

Finally, does anyone have shoe and purse suggestions?

In a pinch do have a pair of white matte leather heels that I could wear if needed, but I might prefer to buy something new.

As far as jewelry and makeup, I tend towards simplicity. I will likely wear some simple drop earrings. One pair are pearl drops that would work with Dress 1 and a second are darker that could work with Dress 2. No necklace. And as far as makeup and hair go, I'm really simple and unskilled. I tend to blowdry my hair and it looks nice, but not particularly styled. And makeup 99.9% of the time is just mascara, but I might try to see if I can remember how to apply some eyeliner.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County