SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_17122885

Art in open floor plan before & after (thanks to you!)

User
last year
last modified: last year

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on my post about how to showcase art that doesn't "match" in an open floor plan. (The "before" pics are in that thread...I can't seem to find them on my hard drive anymore!)

I took everything to heart, and also hired a designer friend of mine to help. The results (so far) are below. I still need to do things like get filler for the floor vase in the LR, and find a rug for under the kitchen table. Also, we have an incredible-looking black and brass, 9-globe chandelier on order for the DR.

But I am so thrilled...I walk around and feel like I'm home. Like this is me. (And yes, my family loves it as well, though DS isn't thrilled with his huge portrait being front & center.)

The oil painting of a horse is from an artist on Etsy. The black/white painting of three people and the crown painting above the fireplace are by a friend (both acrylics). The rest are my own creations, all oil (two of them digitally altered). I went to Pixels.com to get the three small portraits printed on metal, the large portrait printed/framed/matted, and the "boy on beach" abstract painting printed/framed/matted.

My favorite things: The mantel vases, all the table lamps (so bright and pretty), the colorful DR rug, the entryway with the ottomans and my pear painting, the new ceiling lamps, and the way the white walls seem to unify the art.

Thank you again for all your suggestions and encouragement!

AFTER

Comments (17)