SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
li92

Help me salvage my lighting plan?

Lisa
last year

Looking for some creative solutions to get the right lighting and minimize additional holes in my wall and ceiling. I was originally going to do a peninsula but at the last minute (after electric rough in) it didn't feel right and we decided to put the peninsula cabinets against the wall, see pictures and diagram below.

I had 2 lights roughed in for peninsula pendants. On the wall pre-remodel I had 2 sconce boxes (each 20" above counter). One of them is very close to the sink but not centered, and also not high enough. The new ceiling light boxes are 22" and 64" away from the sink wall. The one 64" away is close to the center of the room and I was going to put a semi-flush mount (schoolhouse style) for general lighting. The one at 22" I was thinking of doing a chain hanging lamp and "swagging" it over to center over the sink. Not sure what to do with the sconces at that point? Also considering some kind of long articulating sconce that can go up and leftwards enough to light over the sink?

On the range wall perpendicular, I have 3 recessed lights roughed in at 24" from the wall. One of them is centered over the range, which I didn't realize would be an issue with our stainless steel pyramid hood. Should I take out the centered recess light? I have undercabinet lighting also, but very few upper cabinets.

Not sure what other lighting I should consider! Or creative solutions for my sconce boxes...

Comments (2)