SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_355507847

please help me pick out a kitchen cabinet color!?

Kitchen remodel is about to take place and I’m stumped on the cabinet color. I’m removing the current wall separating the kitchen and dining room, making the entire house open from the walk in, front door living room, to the dining room, then to the back door kitchen.

I just want all of the colors to be complementary and that’s where I think I’m getting too much into my own head. I love the look of transitional kitchens: probably white walls, shaker style cabinets, white quartz countertops with some gray or dark veining, a farmhouse sink, a few pendant lights, matte black or gold hardware, warm wood plank flooring, etc. I’m not afraid to throw a bold color on the cabinets. In fact, I welcome incorporating bold or dark colors with lights and neutrals.

Current color selections in rest of house:

Living room:
SW Natural Linen on 3 walls,
SW Acacia Haze on 1 accent wall leading up stairs
Dinning room:
SW Perfect Greige on top half of wall
SW Dover White on bottom half of wall, separated by chair rail

Open-concept kitchen:
I can go with a neutral greige, cream, or gray cabinet color and I don’t think it would look bad, but the living room and dining room are already pretty neutral, except for that Acacia Haze green accent wall and the green artwork accent pieces in my living room. This leaves me wondering if I should paint the cabinets a bold color, something that would compliment that greenish gray and that greige dining room.

Or do I trust the safe neutrals? Especially when it comes to cabinetry?

Please help!

Comments (2)