SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jktierney

19’x14’ Kitchen Remodel - Floor Plan Help!

jktierney
last year
last modified: last year

Hi there! I’m planning to remodel the kitchen in a home I just purchased and am having some issues figuring out the floor plan. We are meeting with contractors over the next couple of weeks but I would love to go in with a sense of direction and could use some help!

We are planning to take down a wall that currently separates the kitchen from the existing dining room which will open the space up to approx 19’x14’. We have a large double window in the dining area that is 31” off the floor which we will likely resize to allow for more cabinet space.

We do want an island that sits at least 3 and would love to not move the sink from it’s currently location though we’re open to it. We’re also open to relocating the range, refridgerator, and dishwasher as needed.

My biggest concerns:

- Placement of the stove and refridgerator. I would love to have them separated rather than sitting next to each other.

- Window size/location — for instance, if the stove moves to the back wall do the windows need to be resized so that it is centered?

- How to fit a dining table in the space we currently have? If it doesn’t fit, is it weird to shift that into the adjoining room which is currently a formal living room?

- Pantry space – the house has no existing pantry so we would like a tall pantry cabinet

I have included pictures of the existing kitchen and a rough sense of what the floor plan will look like once the wall is removed + my inital stab at a new floor plan!

We would love any ideas you may have! Thanks in advance!

Original Floor Plan:

Floor plan with wall is removed:

Our initial thoughts for a remodel floor plan:

Comments (25)