SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ratrem

Kitchen open floor plan remodel, 6 months later. Thanks GW

ratrem
11 years ago

We moved in the end of June and have SLOWLY been putting the finishing touches on. We gutted the first floor and much of the second floor. This is a remodel of my husband's grandma's place that we moved into. It is a 2 family philly style in Boston. Auntie lives on the first floor w/ 2 hidden bedrooms on 2nd floor, We occupy the second (living space) and third floor (3 bedrooms, 2 baths). We do not have have a finished basement or family room so this is our only living space for soon to be 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 adults, so space is a premium and opening the floor plan was a must.

We still need to finish painting and Window Treatments (why do these need to be so expensive), new front porches and update our heating system. We already put in all new windows (both units), new electrical (our unit), new floors, 2 new bathrooms, new insulation, kitchen.... an so on.

This forum was a great help in deciding what we needed, wanted and great for resources. There are quit a few things that we did that are direct result of all the research and threads on GW. Thanks:

photos on a cloudy day, much brighter when it isn't so gray out:

{{gwi:1567368}}
{{!gwi}}
{{gwi:1567367}}
looking into the living space from kitchen:
{{!gwi}}
into kitchen from living space:
{{!gwi}}
saved the old dining hutch:
{{!gwi}}
Living space:
{{!gwi}}
My office tucked away with door to front porch and DD easel, my desk is tucked away on the other side as well as a closet.
{{!gwi}}
Pantry/half bath/laundry off the kitchen on the right of photo:
{{!gwi}}
Close up of quartzite:
{{!gwi}}
Anyone that lived in the city might understand why I am so excited about this "room" our half bath/laundry/pantry. To not have to walk 2 or 3 flights of stairs to the basement to do laundry has been awesome (especially since I have a new baby coming end of January). This room needs to be painted and I think I will hang a curtain or fabric to close of the w/d. This was an old useless unfinished 3 seasons porch:
{{!gwi}}

Thanks for looking, sorry if it is so long.

Comments (57)