SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missstella_gw

Kitchen Plan ready for GW scrutiny- What have I missed?

missstella
13 years ago

Okay, so I've been a longtime lurker/sometimes poster on varioius GW forums for a couple of years. We are getting ready to embark on a remodel of a 50-year-old Colonial Ranch. We have lived in this house for close to 5 years now and my promised kitchen is WAY overdue. The kitchen plan is below. Please look and let me know if you see anything we need to reconsider.

Our goals are to maximize storage and create a warm, inviting kitchen. The current kitchen is functional, but not really pretty (it's old). I've lived with old kitchens most of my life and I really want a pretty, functional space.

A couple of notes:

1. We are remodeling within the existing space. No doors or windows will be moving, although we will be opening up the wall between the kitchen and den. Plumbing and electrical can move as we have access via a basement.

2. The door to the right of the ovens goes to the dining room. The doorway to the left of the breakfast room goes to the den and our primary entry. The opening directly in front of the sink leads to a main hallway and foyer.

3. I know the cabinet drawn to the left of window over the sink is incorrect--it will not cover the window.

4. Food storage will be in the walk-in pantry shown on the lower right corner on the first drawing. It is accessed through a door to the left of the range (3rd picture).

5. Generally, this is a one cook family(me), but my son is starting to help me with food prep and cooking.

6. The kitchen/breakfast room is used for homework, and eating mostly. We don't entertain a lot, but expect some of that to change once the remodel is complete. With the exception of the Den this is the most used room in the house.

This is the layout. This was my first attempt a photobucket, but I am hoping the pictures will be readable. Please let me know if I need to repost.

These are more detailed plans for each wall in the kitchen.

Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks, Miss Stella

Comments (13)