SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
analysisparalysis

Fourteen months later...it's DONE!!! (Pics...and a thank you!)

analysisparalysis
12 years ago

I haven't been here in a while - life got a bit crazy as our 14-month whole-house remodel came to an end. But as of last Friday, it's done. YIPPEEEEE!!!!! Thank you all for the input, support, and mostly, the great ideas I came across while just "lurking" early last fall as the project was getting underway. Here are some pics to show the results:

View from garage entryway:

From New Folder

View from adjacent family room:

From New Folder

Blurry, sorry - but view from adjacent great room:

From New Folder

Looking back from great room toward garage entry:

From New Folder

Same view, just showing more of the island seating and pantry beyond:

From New Folder

From in the kitchen, standing at the sink, looking back at the great room:

From New Folder

The prep sink/coffee bar/microwave counter (should have straightened the towel before taking the pic...lol!):

From New Folder

The perimeter counters are a Wilsonart HD laminate; the backsplash is just a glass tile mosaic.

From New Folder

Better shot of the long perimeter counter, cooktop and backsplash:

From New Folder

Pantry (on left) and message center (straight ahead) - can see a tiny bit of the shoe storage bench and coat hook/mirror as well (it's in other shots as well):

From New Folder

And of course...the copper countertop on the island:

From New Folder

Things I LOVE about my kitchen:

- Tons of natural light from the enormous windows in the great room and family room!

- The copper countertop

- The SS apronfront sink

- The cork flooring

- The dual spice rack pullouts on either side of the cooktop

- The seating for 5 at the island; we have a dining room table, but never seem to make it away from that island! :-)

- The one-level island surface

- The large 5'x 2' pantry with roll-out shelves

- The enormous drawers (33"x30" deep), and having most of our daily-use items in drawers rather than cabinets.

- The below-sink double pull-outs that make use of every inch of undersink storage - no more crawling under the sink, moving items here and there, to reach something in the back!

- The above-the-ovens storage of cookie sheets/pans/platters/griddle

- The quartersawn white oak wood cabinets stained Cordovan (a deep cherry)

- Okay - EVERYTHING!!!

I hope some of you recognize your contributions to my kitchen. So many ideas came from so many of you and your beautiful, inspirational kitchens. So from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for this blessing I call my kitchen, and with each meal prepared, I think of you and know I have you to credit for so much of it! :-)

Comments (44)