SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_371395966

Help me design my home office please

Fey P.
last year
last modified: last year

HHHEEEEELLLLPPPP PLEASEEEE 🙏🙏🙏🙏 I need all your wonderful ideas!!

Advice needed on how to design my home office (I receive clients here). I tried to make up plans so you can visualize better.

I'll be picking up this slate grey bookcase unit thing (pictured, not my room) tomorrow and need advice on which the best wall to put it up against is please.Also general advice about how to layout room, where to put desk, 2 clients chairs (blue velvet armchairs with gold feet already bought and pictured).

Also color scheme, what would your accent colors be (not only blue as I have a lot of blue throughout my home already). My maple taupey hardwood floors are pictured, as are the SW pediment (40%) greige walls and my honey oak trims (bay window, radiator, doors and baseboards).

I've marked the walls with letters A to D so we understand which wall we're referring to easier. I've also drawn with a blue square where outlets are in the room.

So many questions :

• which wall would you put the bookcase? (knowing I need to also add filing cabinets that have more depth);
  • where would you put the desk? (knowing clients need to be sitting in front of me and access to my screen (not yet purchased)

In an ideal world, the setup would work both with the current door clients come in from (from my hallway, see plans) AND from their future entry point, which is now a closet door. See marking on plan to understand where the 2 doors are please.

Thanks so much for your help!!

I'm also adding closeups of color of bookcases + feet of velvet blue client chairs as well as light fixtures to get your advice on metal finishes to use in this room.

Thanks in advance!! 🙏🙏🙏

P.S. please excuse bunch of knicknacks on bay window, those will be gone once room is set up.

Comments (18)