Festive Food Floof! Hearts!
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (24)
Related Discussions
Festive Floof! Resolutions!
Comments (22)I want to continue One Simple Thing, to drink at least four cups of water a day. I keep a pitcher of tap water on the kitchen counter, taste improved with a dash of Crystal Lite Lemonade Mix. It's, "See water. Drink water." I've got DH doing it, too. Come dinner time, *success* in our empty pitchers. This little action has brought my kidney function test numbers back to normal -- measured monthly at the cancer center. And where did I learn this? HERE! From the KT. Thanks, friends. seagrass -- I envy you, having your DM for 60 years -- a little-considered, long term positive for early childbearing! My DM died 43 years ago when I was 37. I know there are several people on the KT who had their parents for even less time...and worse, parents whose children died too young. Seize the Day!...See MoreFestive Floof! Feast Photos!
Comments (25)PM, the ”hard” in hard sauce refers to whiskey, but is often brandy or rum, and I felt no compuntion with the liqueur. Your great-grandmother's recipe sounds interesting, One ancestress of mine was in the WCTU. She would have approved! I wonder if it was a Prohibition era thing. Mine was the whipped pumpkin gravy, which was made with a but of butter and cream, and impressively stable (no drippings)m just thinned a bit and heated with the GM. Not the traditional butteriness and booziness of hard sauce, but a similar texture and sharp enough with the GM. For the bread pudding, I did add a few shakes of Vietnamese cinnamon and a shake and a half of cloves to the custard to unify things, but the spices from the rolls (fenugreek and some others) and the pumpkin filling, sweetness frome the latter, a whiff of salt frome the former, and the pistachios, whick pretty much kept their coatings. There was also a lot of butter in both the rolls and the babka. The most amazing bread puddings come from irreproducible breads!...See MoreFestive Food Floof! Christmas Treats!
Comments (44)Lizbeth: For my Green Chile Pinwheels, I use one drained, 4-ounce can of chopped green chiles (Hatch or Bueno are my preferred brands for quality). Here's my recipe for my Biscochitos. Biscochitos Ingredients ¨ 3 cups butter (originally called for lard) ¨ 1 1/2 cups sugar ¨ 2 large eggs, beaten ¨ 1 teaspoon anise extract ¨ 3 teaspoons vanilla extract ¨ 7-8 teaspoons anise seeds ¨ 1 teaspoon salt ¨ 1/’4 cup brandy ¨ 5 cups all-purpose flour ¨ 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder ¨ 1/4 cup sugar + 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon for topping Directions: 1) Cream sugar and butter. Add in beaten eggs. 2) Next add in the anise and vanilla extracts, anise seeds, salt and brandy. Mix well. 3) Mix in the flour and baking powder. Roll out your cookie dough, thick or thin depending on your preference. 4) Cut into star or flower shapes with cookie cutters, and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Move to cookie sheets. 5) Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for approximately 12-15 minutes, BUT WATCH THEM! Bake only until golden. Browned cookies will taste terrible! ** This baking time is for our high altitude here at 6,000 ft. You may need to adjust it for lower altitudes!...See MoreFestive Floof! Thanksgiving 2023 plans?
Comments (40)Oh man, it all looks delicious. At first I was concerned, then I saw the pink bowl for the stuffing and the pink pan holding spinach dip and all was right with the world. It's amylou, it's gotta have something pink. I think George has taken the correct measures, LOL. He looks a lot like my 25 pound cat, Spark. Orange cats gotta do orange cat things, you know. My Thanksgiving won't be until next Saturday, that's when Ashley has the girls and Makayla can come home for dinner and all other family obligations are fullfilled by all. Elery and I joined the neighbors at the B&B for dinner, the chef there did the cooking and I provided some of the "raw" ingredients. Well brined free range Amish turkey, nearly 30 pounds, some apple/cranberry stuffing, green bean casserole with no C of M soup, just some nicely seasoned white sauce and crunchy pan fried shallots, mashed potatoes from our Kennebecs in storage, gravy, fresh cranberry relish and dinner rolls, dessert was a really nicely spiced apple cake with cream cheese frosting. A couple of cups of coffee, chatting with friends and rooting for the Detroit Lions (who, true to tradition, lost), made a lovely day. Having lost my mother and my brother within the last year it was actually good to have something completely different. I'll start my cooking about Wednesday... Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Annie...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

TRAVEL BY DESIGNTravel Guide: Austin, Texas, for Design Lovers
You'll find fantastic food along with incredible art and architecture in this capital city, deep in the heart of Texas
Full Story
CITY GUIDESTravel Guide: San Francisco for Design Lovers
Visionary architecture, great museums, amazing food and shops — you don't have to leave your heart here to take inspiration home
Full Story
ENTERTAINING5 Ideas for Hosting a Party With a Purpose on Giving Tuesday
Invite guests to a festive gathering to socialize — and donate to a charitable cause — on Dec. 3
Full Story
HOLIDAYS8 Ideas for Welcoming the New Year
Host a champagne gathering, enjoy a family game night, take time for reflection or have a festive brunch
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGA Clean Home for the Holidays in 5 Days
Follow this guide to get your house clean before the festivities begin and your guests arrive
Full Story
SELLING YOUR HOUSEThe 7 Do’s of Holiday Decorating When Your Home Is for Sale
You can still be festive. These tips will help you celebrate — without alienating would-be buyers
Full Story
FARMHOUSESWorld of Design: See How 9 Families Live and Farm on Their Land
Join us as we visit the homes and farms of passionate food producers and hear about rural life around the globe
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES14 Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas
These festive decorations for doors, windows, stairs and tables can be created quickly
Full Story
CHRISTMAS1 Dining Room, 3 Holiday Tablescape Ideas
Draw inspiration and tips from these stunning table setups to add a nature-inspired touch to your Christmas gathering
Full Story
APARTMENTSMy Houzz: Italian Filmmaker’s Apartment Chronicles Her Life
A director’s late-19th-century Sicilian home showcases collections that reflect her experiences and interests
Full Story









chloebud