SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Festive Floof/Vent Here!

amylou321
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

What is your biggest source of stress at the holidays? I LOVE the holidays. I love shopping, cooking,decorating.
BUT the one thing that really can ruin my holiday is always people in the kitchen when I am trying to cook for the feast.
No I do not need or want help.
You want to help? How about taking your kids along with everyone else's outside so they are not running wild through the kitchen? If I drop a pan of gravy on one of them,I do not want to hear any thing about it. Oh, you do not want to entertain your own kids? How about just keeping them out of the kitchen while things are boiling and searing and being hauled around? Can you turn a movie on or something instead of worrying whether or not the deviled eggs are made yet...
Lemme alone.
Go. Away.
Stop stirring things.
Open that oven again and I will carve you up like the turkey......
STOP PICKING AT EVERYTHING! I MADE APPETIZERS FOR YOU TO PICK AT. THEY ARE IN THE DINING ROOM,NOT IN HERE!
Where is the (whatever i JUST took out to use and someone sailed through and put it away to "help") I haven't even used it yet.
I didn't ask for your opinion on my technique or recipe.
I do not care how you make it. Stay at home and make it like that next year.
What is it that makes it IMPOSSIBLE for people to stay out of a kitchen? Especially when I make it crystal clear that the absolute best way they can help is to STAY OUT. Its a mystery.
The last few years have been much easier though. Now, when I cook a huge family meal, my parents will bring the food up to my house and I make everything I can in advance. I just have to finish it up at their house. But it still happens. Its like a compulsion they can't help. People know that food is cooking, they have to meddle and stress the cook out......odd
Anyway, what stresses you out the most? Do you share my dilemma? Is it family that is hard to deal with? The pressure of finding a good gift? Vent here!

Comments (38)