SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_45876390

Any ideas on how to design our basement layout?

User
last year

We are going to finish our basement this winter and would like some ideas on best layout. We don't have any plans on splitting the space up into multiple rooms, but instead would like to keep it as much of an open space as we can. With this decision, however, comes the dilemma on how to set up the open space in an efficient and practical way. We also don't know if we should do carpet is a portion to sort of break up the open area so it feels like separat designated areas.Our only "needs/wants" are a family room (with movie screen if we can figure out a layout), and a home school area. Other than that we don't really have anything we necessarily want, which is why we plan on just framing around the perimeter for the most part.

I've attached some pictures of the space now (sorry for the mess, it's currently just a giant kids playroom/storage area). I've also attached the prints to show the entire basement floor plan. Lastly, I've attached 1 possible layout idea we had that I made using a free online program. The sectioned off portion shown in the rendering is for a bathroom, the mechanical room, and a small gym or storage area. Thank you for taking the time to give any input!

Comments (9)