SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_720679265

My 2022-2023 Japanese Garden Compliments My Rose Gardens!

KittyNYz6
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Hi, Rosie Friends,

I decided to create a Japanese Garden to compliment my rose gardens on my property! i am so excited! I had been planting rhododendrums, azaleas, hostas, daffodils, a Kwanzan Cherry tree and hydrangeas on the north side of my home as it was quite shaded. However, recently, I decided to line the whole north side of my home w/ Japanese flowers! This is my Japanese Garden now unfolding!

Plans for now include preparing soil on 1/2 of the bed to extend it to the length of the home. I am ordering Japanese iris, azaleas, tree peonies, a Japanese Maple tree, Japanese roses, and more flowers as time unfolds. i may add a few decorations, too.

Would you like to share your enjoyment of Japanese flowers and vegetation in your gardens on this thread? Any Japanese vegetation favorites? i am researching best Japanese roses & flowers….. Most plants need to be shaded, but a few can be in sun near end of the north garden bed extending into my backyard. I’ll add a few photos later, too too …..

I just ordered iris & tree peony…..

Good Omen Iris (Springhill Nursery photo)

Ice Cream Iris Dinner Plate (dutchbulbs..com)

Hanakisoi Tree Peony

April Kiss Camelia, first bloom this fall!, zone 6

April Remembered Camelia, zone 6

And I originally thought I couldn’t grow Camillias in my cold zone 6…..! However, they are doing great so far!

Did you know that many of our common flowers are Japaese such as some daffodils!

Comments (94)