SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_720679265

My 2022-2023 Japanese Garden Compliments My Rose Gardens!

KittyNYz6
last year
last modified: last year

Hi, Rosie Friends,

I decided to create a Japanese Garden to compliment my rose gardens on my property! i am so excited! I had been planting rhododendrums, azaleas, hostas, daffodils, a Kwanzan Cherry tree and hydrangeas on the north side of my home as it was quite shaded. However, recently, I decided to line the whole north side of my home w/ Japanese flowers! This is my Japanese Garden now unfolding!

Plans for now include preparing soil on 1/2 of the bed to extend it to the length of the home. I am ordering Japanese iris, azaleas, tree peonies, a Japanese Maple tree, Japanese roses, and more flowers as time unfolds. i may add a few decorations, too.

Would you like to share your enjoyment of Japanese flowers and vegetation in your gardens on this thread? Any Japanese vegetation favorites? i am researching best Japanese roses & flowers….. Most plants need to be shaded, but a few can be in sun near end of the north garden bed extending into my backyard. I’ll add a few photos later, too too …..

I just ordered iris & tree peony…..

Good Omen Iris (Springhill Nursery photo)

Ice Cream Iris Dinner Plate (dutchbulbs..com)

Hanakisoi Tree Peony

April Kiss Camelia, first bloom this fall!, zone 6

April Remembered Camelia, zone 6

And I originally thought I couldn’t grow Camillias in my cold zone 6…..! However, they are doing great so far!

Did you know that many of our common flowers are Japaese such as some daffodils!

Comments (117)

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Thanks, Kitty. Shinoburedo is a beauty, and I'm looking forward to seeing yours bloom. I can't help you about disease issues with Love Song, since we don't have that stuff here. The larger of my two LS is about 4X6 feet, very fat. The other is almost as big. Diane

KittyNYz6 thanked Diane Brakefield
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Thinking about adding….shade loving Jaoanese plants…..

Primula Japonica , Japanese Primrose

Interstellar, Peiris Japonica, Japanese Lily of the Valley bush, (grows like a rhododendrum.)

Persimmon dwarf tree in pot, wish list

• Related Discussions

My Rose Garden 2022 Year3

Q

Comments (57)
    I’m so ready for my peonies to bloom!!! Their season is short but I would not be without them! @kate it was a very warm winter, I have already pruned in February and starting to fertilize now with plant tone. I tend to over fertilize so please don’t listen to me 🤪🤪. I have my schedule saved somewhere but I basically do plant tone and fish fertilizer now, once they are leafed out I start with spray liquid fertilizer (kelp+ maxsea) or something like that whenever I have a chance (every week or 2weeks) If the rose struggled last year I would probably add a slow release fertilizer now too…. This year I will add neem oil and jacks captain to my sprayer to see if I can get thrips under control
    ...See More

2022 Kordes Roses in My Garden

Q

Comments (48)
    @dianela7analabama Good Evening, Dianela,, Soring & summer my roses were all doing well. I just had Lavendar Veranda delivered a month ago and she’s leafed out nicely w/ a few blooms. However, it started raining every 3 days, 2 weeks ago. It is humid or ground is almost always damp. No BS on Lavender Veranda. She is in a very sunny spot 10+ hours sun-all day! She is on hill drains well. I don’t have it as humid as you and its not feeling humid now…. but the soil stays damp and rains too much. BTW, “New 2022-2023 Proven Winners , Houzz thread show new Reminiscent Roses. I have Reminiscent Pink & Crema and they are amazingly disease resistant!! Esp. the Crema. Neither get BS. R Pink-I saw a tad of mildew. R Crema can sit in soggy soil ( from too much rain) & grow as if it‘s no problem!-no fungus ever!!!!!
    ...See More

Advice for my Planned Visit to Sacramento Historic Rose Garden

Q

Comments (5)
    I would just highlight and copy the text of your above post that you see here on the forum, go over to the Antique forum, start a new thread, and paste exactly what you copied above... should work fine!
    ...See More

My 2023 Rose Garden

Q

Comments (9)
    Tammy (Southern Ont) Zone 4/5 USDA I admire your dog in all of your old pics (posted years ago), and also your Perfume de Paris .. I bought that from LongAgoRoses as own-root and love its honeysuckle scent. It got down to 16 degree this past few nights 11/30/23. Roses against the house still have green leaves, but roses in the open air has withering leaves from the cold. Moses gave a the great tip of folding down old yard waste bag into "collars" to put around roses. That work better that buckets (bottom cut off). After putting "collars" around my roses, I pile up leaves inside. We have DRY and EXTREMELY cold winter at -20 F below zero windchill factor last winter 2022, I lost a bunch of roses, including the gallon-size own-roots INSIDE my unheated garage & covered with a thermal blanket. This fall I ordered own-root Austin roses from Garden Roses LLC in PA: The Generous Gardener (hardy to zone 4), The Prince (survived several winter for Kelly in zone 4), Thomas A Becket (it's a large bush, so it should be hardy), Betty White (survived six of my zone 5 winter), Bathsheba and Jubilee Celebration (has a wimpy reputation as own-root). What are the 5 roses that you lost without winter protection? I lost too many roses in my zone 5 winter that I need to avoid the "tender" ones that die to the crown. Thank you.
    ...See More
  • Diane Brakefield
    last year

Kitty, I love your choices above--the persimmon is particularly interesting. Take a look at Flying Dragon, a hardy citrus shrub. Those spikes. It's probably not Japanese, though. Diane

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Diane, Thank you! Persimmons are the most yummy fruit, very soft & sweet! I could get them free in Oregon from a friend who had a tree & bought them in CA!!!! So delectable!

Now thats amazing! ! An orange tree for zone 5, ”Flying Dragon.” And you can grow it in a pot. I will have to think about it! I had orange trees in CA! Who knows, maybe I will have an orange tree this spring! My pot ghetto is getting rather large, though. Very tempting!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Kitty, it's just a shrub, but it's often pruned into a bonsai. I posted more info on the seasonal thread. Just try googling flying dragon orange bonsai. Got to put groceries away. Back later. Diane

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Here's a Flying Dragon bonsai. I want one. Diane

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    last year

One of my Buddah's Hands & my Keiffer Lime Citus trees are both grafted on Flying Dragon root stock. It is very very thorny..Mermaid rose has nothing on FD lol. The Flying Dragon root stock is very hardy and the citrus are prolific. It likes to sucker a lot beneath the graft. I have rooted suckers easily. You can take clippers and cut the thorns off, it doesn't seem to care.

Persimmons come in sweet/non astringent and more tart/astringent varieties. Make sure you research varieties and get what you want.

KittyNYz6 thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • Diane Brakefield
    last year

I know it's thorny as heck because I've seen a few in person here in Boise. And that is what started me investigating the plant. It also reseeds some through the oranges, and growing it in a pot was advised to cut down on that. I loved it just as a plant and thought the thorns were great--but then rose thorns don't bother me at all, either. It's part of being a rose for most of them. Diane

• summercloud -- NC zone 7b
    last year

I'm a few days behind but I wanted to say: I finally had success with poppies through an impulse-bought packet of Lauren's Grape. They were so pretty! I was surprised at how small the seedheads were though--I've seen very large poppy seedheads in other local gardens. I wonder if it was just my conditions, or if different poppies make different size seedheads?

I also grow smoke bush, in full sun here in the piedmont of NC. It's finally to a good size above my head and gave me a "smoke" display this year. I love it!

Pieris are neat but grow very, very slowly. So you're talking about ten years before they get big enough to be impressive. I have two Japanese maples that grow much faster and instantly bring that "Japanese garden" feel. I need to buy a new cord for my phone so I can upload pictures and show y'all my Japanese garden!

KittyNYz6 thanked summercloud -- NC zone 7b
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Summercloud, Thank you for joining us on this thread! Pieris are ptretty and yes slow growing! Your J maples must be beautiful!

Diane, Beautiful bonsai Flyibg Dragon orange! I just want oranges from a tree like I had in CA,,Lol!

@sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)

Thank you for you ideas on the Flying Dragon & persimmon trees. I have been doingva bit if research. May consider one in spring. I will check out the tart tastes….however, must grow cold hardy ones.

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Summercloud, yes, my Lauren's Dark Grape poppies make different sizes of seed heads, and some plants are way larger than others and have more stems. You should still get lots more seed than you need when you pull up the spent plants. Do two or three succession sowings if possible and you have the space, if you want to extend the bloom season. Diane

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

I ordered a few today from my Japanese Garden WISH LIST :

1. Sakura Dance Morning Glory seeds, lilac, Etsy.

2. Japanese Primrose seeds, Primula Japonica, Etsy.

3. Japanese Lily of the Valley bush, Etsy., photo above

4. Good Omen Iris, -back ordered, Springhill Nursery. , photo above

5. Dreams Unfold Iris, light pink, from habourbreeze.ca Canada. , photo above

6. Red Picotee Morning Glory, fushia color color, from Amazon

Sakura Dance Morning Glory

Japanese Primrose

. Red Picotee Morning Glory, fushia

Poppy seeds arrived in mail today….

They package their own seeds….. Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds-I purchased from.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Christmas presents coming now ordered by family, 2 Japanese roses from my wish list:

Pas de Deux Rose

Shinoburedo rose

last year

@KittyNYz6 I'm so excited for you ordering seeds and roses! I think in some ways this is my favorite time of year in the garden--it's full of hopes and dreams but no weeds.

Here is the first incarnation of my Japanese garden. It was this way for a couple years and it was fine but not great. The space is hard--it's just a small walkway along the side of the house from the side door to the backyard.

I'm going to split my post up into pieces, I can't get it to upload as one. More to follow!

Here's a picture of my garden mid re-do.

last year

A few years ago I got four-five used books on Japanese gardens cheap from Abe Books, some published in Japan and some from the US. I learned about all the different types of Japanese gardens (rock gardens, tea gardens, tree gardens...). They had great history and overview as well as specific stepping stone paths, lantern types, how to tie bamboo fences, and garden plans.

I realized I needed fewer different species and moved half the plants to other parts of the garden. I mounded soil up to create topographical interest and drainage, then planted Japanese maples on top. I used Ajuga and other groundcovers to replace moss. And I re-did the moon gate to be more "authentic."

last year

This part of my garden actually looks best year-round! My rose garden beats it when the roses are actually blooming, but otherwise I like my Japanese garden the best.

last year

I do have regrets about the choice of vine I put on the trellis in my Japanese garden (native crossvine)--it was fine for the first couple years but now it's WAY to vigorous. In general I find plants work better in this space if they stay where I put them: sedges instead of monkey grass, painted fern instead of ostrich fern, etc.

I've been wondering how to expand my theme to the rest of the garden. I think more bamboo railings edging the new back garden--to match the cute bridge I put in this summer. And actually stepping stones or paths instead of just mulch paths.

I hope you enjoyed all of my thoughts and pictures!

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    last year

Summercloud, your photos look wonderful!

KittyNYz6 thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Summercloud,

Beautiful ideas and photos of your J Garden! It’s looking rather authentic! Chat later… I am at work.

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    last year

Wow! Summercloud , what a lovely garden. Your bridge is wonderful!

KittyNYz6 thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

My Pas de Deux new rose came in mid-January 2023, from Etsy Florabloom. So I potted it & growing it in south facing kitchen window..(I‘ll have to be careful of spider mites.) It is growing well in a pot. Andromeda also came in Dec. 2022 from Etsy, growing in pot in kitchen window. In spring they will go outside. Shinoburedo rose coming at end of Feb from Etsy.

Pas de Deux Japanese rose

Andromeda (Japanese Lilly of the Valley)

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Awe……… thinking of spring……. the beauty of my Japanese Garden unfolding plans…as I curl up warm inside away from the snow, by the fire…..Mmmmmmmm…… soooooo nice!

Drawing a curling line for a Jaoanese fliwer bed in my mind…..imagining my new rises in it……. I drew a scetch which i’m now thinking about……. how beautiful to see the Bulbs come up and then many cherry tree blossoms……followed by many blooms spring-summer-fall……. do excited!!!!!!

! I should put some Jaoanese daffodil bulbs out and more bulbs. I need to haul in soil in March for the beds coming up soon!

last year

@KittyNYz6 This is definitely the time for dreaming of the garden! I'm dreaming of a lovely clumping bamboo myself... I want to put it at the bottom of my garden but will have to move the natives that I put in there last year. I heard the local bamboo nursery is having a sale but they're only open 10-2 in the winter so I haven't managed to go.

I've been cutting down invasive bamboo at a friend's house which is the opposite of Japanese garden dreams. Friends, do not plant running bamboo in the ground.

• mazerolm_3a
    last year

@KittyNYz6: I hope you will post pictures of your progress!!

I caved in and ordered 10 japanese iris last week, and got two bonuses. So I will receive 12 irises with no idea where I will plant them. But I’m sure others here can relate! :)

Here’s a pic:

KittyNYz6 thanked mazerolm_3a
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    last year

Summercloud I 100% agree about the running bamboo. Do not under any circumstance buy "clumping bamboo" from ebay or etsy. Buy it from a reputable bamboo nursery and no one else! My friend bought a clumping bamboo 14 yrs ago from ebay from what she was sure was a rrputable seller excellent reviews etc. She is still fighting that bamboo today!! She has 20 acres and it just went berzerk everywhere lol. There are so many bamboo look alikes out there people who sell them may not even know what they have.

I love those Iris! I should order some Louisiana Iris for around my ponds.

I really want to get some pretty grasses out there that will get a little bit tall and look pretty when the wind is blowing.

KittyNYz6 thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Summerscloud, Love your idea of a bamboo planting! It is invasive, though! Lol! I had sime in Eugene , Oregon….just soreads & spreads! Lol!

@mazerolm_3a

Amazing beautiful Japanese iris you ordered!!!!! Where to put is ”all of our dilemas!” I ordered a ton of stuff & I think I should stop until I at least get it all planted, Lol!

Those are heavenly colorful iris-where did you buy them from? I have 2 more Japanese iris I will order in about a month…. So far I received Japanese iris from from Etsy, a Canadian Co., & Springhill N. Im still thinking of ordering a dwarf potted persimmon tree. Oh Oh, was a mix-up on my Japanese dwarf maple tree order- need order another. Maybe one more Japanese rose will I order. Ha Ha! Im never finished ordering!!!!Yikes!!

Happy Japanese Gardening amongst your roses!

• mazerolm_3a
    last year

@KittyNYz6: I got most of them from this place: https://harbourbreezes.ca/catalog/japanese-iris-2018-0. They have really nice varieties this year!

KittyNYz6 thanked mazerolm_3a
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

@mazerolm_3a

Thank you! I am going to order from your nursery link above ”Dreams Unfold,” Japanese Iris soon. I love that nursery. Again Again, your iris are fantastic!

last year

@sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) That's great advice about where to buy bamboo, thank you! Wow, I feel so bad for your friend. I'm lucky to have a great bamboo nursery local to me, I just need to get over there before they close sometime soon. Darn winter hours...

@mazerolm_3a Very pretty and exciting! Iris are like dessert--there's always room for more. Right?

@KittyNYz6 I'm very excited to see your garden progress. And I'm excited to share my progress too! I need to build another Japanese bridge and some cute bamboo edging before things really start growing.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Summercloud,

Thank you. And Yours sounds wonderful! A new bridge-cant wait to see it!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Summercloud - that moongate is utterly magical!! I love it so much!! You are very talented!!

Mazerolm - oooh!!! Those irises are sooo beautiful!!! :) :) :)

KittyNYz6 thanked rosecanadian
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Good Morning, Japanese Garden & Rosie Friends,

It’s a beautiful sunny morning! 59F iFeb. 13th, 2023! I went shopping online & finaly ordered a persimmon tree for my Japanese garden! Ok…… It’s an American Persimmon tree which grows better in NY winters! I may pot it at first & later put it in the ground. It may be my favorite fruit-I used to eat them in CA & Oregon-just love them. I love pmegranites, too too-but, I have enough fruit trees now. Lol I read may take 6-8 yrs to bare fruit-long wait. Oh, but they are mouth watering tasty!

From ”WhitetailHillChestnuts.com,” Nursery $31 includes ship. Guaranteed plant.

“American Persimmons Tree”

& my

Wowza Cherry tree, for pie cherries & beautiful blossoms (akso not authentic Japanese, but growsxwell in NE) I ordered in fall will be nice addition to J garden….

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

i ordered 2 more Japanese iris today…..needed more color….from EasyGrowBulbs.com (Sale $10.95ea.)

Pink Lady

Dinner Plate Ice Cream (lilac)

& ordered a Japanese Dwarf Pixie Maple tree

(from Amazin)

• seasiderooftop
    last year

Kitty,

I thought I had commented in this thread before but scrolling through it now it looks like I hadn't. Anyway, I wanted to say how much I enjoy this beautiful thread and all the pictures ! I am so excited for your Japanese garden with all the wonderful plants and of course the japanese roses! It's going to be so dreamy, what a great idea. I can't wait to see how it will look when it all comes together in the spring!

KittyNYz6 thanked seasiderooftop
  • Diane Brakefield
    last year

My comments have disappeared, too, Seaside. The houzz gremlins are busy at work. I don't get notifications much either, then after days, a bunch of old ones start trickling into my mail, and I've already read the posts they're notifying me about. Maybe, they should just stop doing any notifications. But back to disappearance--it's everywhere and often. As Carol would say, Gah.

Kitty, I love your latest orders, especially the Japanese maple. And I've already commented on the cherries, wherever that comment may be. Your garden will be so lovely and productive. Take care. Diane

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Good Morning,

Trish and Diane,

Thank you, so much! I have aporeciated everyone’s enthusiasm and encouragement. It is exciting & wonderful to look forward to my new J Garden! As soon as it’s warm in March few weeks I’ll lay some soil down for new Japanese garden beds on North side of home! My Japanese plants growing in the kitchen eagerly await their new forever home outside. A few Jaoanese plant orders soon to ship for me. My Japanese roses are both growing in the kitchen, now! Lol! My Andromeda is happy & green in the kitchen counter. It’s been fun planning and acquiring some of the J plants! Very excited to olant my Japanese seeds for morning glories and J primrose.

Today-Monday/Tuesday are my days off work-so I will start my seeds in pots! I have all my pots now!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Enjoy your days off!! I'm so happy for you to have seeds to plant!! :) :)

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

PLANTING MY NEW JAPANESE GARDEN PLANTS:

FEB 28, 2023:

POPPIES:

6 Poppy varieties were planted in pots & put outside. I can’t put them in beds yet because soil us being moved around…. roses being moved soon & new Japanese beds will be established by end of month. Perrenial poppies will be transplanted after blooms to their forever beds. Annual bread seed poppies will be harvested in pots for their seeds for next year. They will go both in Japanese garden & south side rose garden bed.

I planted 3 Varieties of Japanese Morning Glories, now sprouting. They will be transplanted to large 3 pots & grow on trellis in Japanese Garden.

MARCH 7, 2023:

Yesterday I repotted my new Japanese Dwarf Pixie Maple Tree…. It’s just a twig…. but hope it grows….it should have beautiful red leaves. It has lots of big long full roots about 7 inches long.

My 2 Japanese roses came early in winter….. so I temporarily potted them growing on kitchen counter near window. Their leaves have grown & filled out! They are getting an early start until warm & J bed is established.

Pas de Deux rose

Shinoburedo rose

Still waiting for my Japanese iris, & persimmon, to be delivered. I should plant primrose seeds now! And Andromeda is growing on kitchen counter, too.

ALL plants need planted in new Japanese bed , once established, around March end!

I just ordered 2 schrubs to fill out the Japanese bed from ETSY:

Spellbound Camelia

Pomegranate Splash Rhododendrum

• elenazone6
    3 months ago

So glad I was able to find this topic! Kitty, I would love to see your progress! I saw you planted azalais and rhododendrons? Initially I was also planned to grow them, but realized that they are very toxic for pets. I have dog and cat and decided to skip those plants.

I was suggested to plant Camelia, need some evergreen bushes between evergreen trees. Will post some pic later.

KittyNYz6 thanked elenazone6
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Hi, Elena,

I am excited to have you join us! Fun Japanese gsrdening coming in the spring!

WINTER UPDATE 2024:

I received all my Japanese plants last spring/summer 2022/2023.

Rhododendrons grow well in zone 6. My dog is on leash & stray cats wander around, no prblem w/ animal & these plants.

I am trying Japanica Lilly of the Valley & Camellias, but may be too cold. . Azaleas don’t do well-too cold in NY zone 6, Finger lakes.

My Japanese Irises did very well-loved them in pots. Cherry blossom trees did very well! I still have my persimmon starter tree in a pot.

I didn’t try my topiaries seeds and ideas yet, maybe next summer.

I have an abundamce of Japanese roses in a bed now and some growing over wibter in pot in kitchen. All to be put in bed outside in soring.

I planted my poppies in mid-January in another south side of home, bed. They were spectacular last summer in 6 varieties, 2023. This summer I will have 13 poppy varieties! My favorites are peony poppies, pom pom poppies, & Lauren’s Black Grape! I am trying Shirley’s poppies & Poppy Sipreme, too.

ORDER:

I still need to order another tree peony! Order wasnt delivered… Also, Need to order Japanese fountain or statue! And order another Pixie Maple tree!

More UPDATES coming in spring… March/April 2024.,, See you all then….

• elenazone6
    3 months ago

I started planning my Japanese garden last summer and began purchasing trees and bushes. The focal point will be a Cherry tree and a Niwaki that I am currently training. For the background, I plan to plant two rows of roses and incorporate topiary. Here is my design, along with the plants I currently have on hand.

• rosecanadian
    3 months ago

Elena - your Japanese garden is going to looks so beautiful and restful. :)

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Elena, What a wonderful design for your J garden! What type of fur tree do you have? Love your maples! What type of maples ior are they azaleas? What type of fruit tree is that?

• elenazone6
    3 months ago

Kitty, the fruit tree is dwarf Cherry. I do not have any maples so far, just consider buying them.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Elena, Name of dwarf cherry? Interesting-pretty Japanese tree! . I have a few cherry trees… Kwanzan, Wowza Cherry, Weeping Cherry, Okame Ch blossom trees.

My Okame tree is 2 1/2 years old. I olanted it in Aug, 2nd, but trunk died over winter except 6 inches left above ground. So I grew another trunk & tree branched out now at 7-8 feet-looks very hardy now. I hope this spring to have blooms finally. I will keep pruning it small in width at 6 ft, because it is next to a rose garden bed .

• elenazone6
    3 months ago

Kitty, the name is Romeo dwarf cherry. I bough 2 of dwarf cherry trees about 4 years ago : Romeo and Juliet. Unfortunately Juliet has died last season, it was her first season as a really good harvest producer. Now I am scary that Romeo will follow her....

By the way, I am planning to get this Japanese grass: https://www.monrovia.com/all-gold-japanese-forest-grass.html to bring some bright accent on the back.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Elena,

Romeo & Juliet dwarf cherries are goidcto zone 2-7. However, any of our new small plants can have difficulty making it through their first winters., Hopefully, you kept Romeo warm w/ wrapping blankets, burlap & or mounding soil. Dwarfs are smalker so maybe need mire pampering for a few years.,

• rosecanadian
    3 months ago

Elena - I love that grass...such a bright color that will liven up any area. :) :)

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    3 months ago

Will of course Juliet died! Didn't you read the play? LOL!

Seriously though, that is gonna look a really pretty. FYWI, I'm not sure Camila is hardy here. There are some other plants that might Workout if you're interested in my suggestions.

KittyNYz6 thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • elenazone6
    3 months ago

Vaporvac, I still believe in miracles!:)

Cant wait when the season started and plant trees/bushes ASAP, with 30+ new roses we are going to be busy. Some Camellias are hardy to 6b and I do not mind to cover them, but will see may be if I found something else, I do not mind to switch.