SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kama11

Climbing Roses for 6' fence in small garden

kama11
9 days ago
last modified: 9 days ago

Hello,

Im new to posting here but I’ve been following posts in that forum and I’m really impressed how helpful and knowledgeable answers are, I’m hoping you can help me choose because I’m spending hours and hours on thinking what to choose but can’t decide.

I grew up around plants but I’m pretty new to roses. I have small garden in NYC,

zone 7B. I’m looking for some easy, health climbing/rambling roses ( I think I have room for two at least)

that would intertwine and cover my 6 feet tall trellis/fence (south facing) ( its 12 feet long; 6 feet has good sun and rest has morning sun and rest later gest shade from a building). Last year I planted Ebb Tide and Top Cream so it would be great if new ones would match.

My garden is between houses so there is some shade early in a morning and later afternoon (but my

I’m looking for something that would grow quite fast (can’t wait to have some beauty and privacy in my back yard) and was blooming contiously.

One in slight to medium pink/lavender color , other could be more pastel or gold yellow? romantic cottage style. Rose that once established can be drought resistant. At least one of them bee friendly.

Ive been thinking about New Dawn (grows fast, easy, low water needs but I’m afraid it might swallow my garden; or is easy to keep it in check?)

Lavender Lassie (beautiful but isn’t it slow grower? and again I’m worried about the size (could i train it side ways maybe?) and water needs.

Pink Prosperity ?

Blush Noisette (love the color and that its supposed to be just right size but I’ve read its very slow grower)

Buff Beauty? or Rise up lilac days? So many roses to choose but Im not sure any of them.

Comments (15)