SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judijunebugarizonazn8

Advice for my Planned Visit to Sacramento Historic Rose Garden

At this point, it looks like I will be able to spend the day, or most of the day, at the Sacramento Historic Rose Garden/Cemetery on January 4, 2023. I have been waiting all of this fall to be able to go back to Sacramento and plans kept falling through. Now my husband’s work is taking us back to the area and I will hopefully have the 4th and 5th to spend in the Sacramento area. It has been more than 4 years since I’ve been there and I realize that a lot of unwelcome change has taken place. However, I am very interested in seeing what may or may not be left in the way of roses, which brings me to this question: do any of you Sacramento residents on this forum (Ben? Carla?) know what I can expect? Have any of you been there to visit within the last year? I was able to find the 2021 catalog of the Garden Compiled by the Historic Rose Garden Committee and I printed the whole thing out and have been poring over that, making notations, etc. According to the info compiled there, many of the roses were still in place, though hacked way down and all the labels removed. The only way to know which roses are which is by following the diagrams. But again, this was compiled in 2021 and we are nearing the end of 2022… have any significant changes happened in the last year? I would love to know if any on this forum, Sacramento residents or otherwise, have visited the Garden in the last year. And if you have, I would appreciate hearing of your experience and impressions…is it totally neglected? Abused? Are the roses coming back after the harsh treatment?

Also, Jeri, you mentioned once to me that once I know when I’m going, to let you know as you had some suggestions as to which roses I might especially want to take notice of if I’m able to get cuttings. I would be very happy to hear from you, either on this thread or by private messaging me.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County