SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_720679265

2022 Kordes Roses in My Garden

KittyNYz6
last year
last modified: last year

This year of 2022 I’d love to hear your comments on Kordes roses you have in your gardens? Which one’s do you love the most?

My favorites are… well I love them all! They seem to do well in my Fingerlakes, NY area! I have cold cold winters & some humidity in summers sometimes.

My collection of Kordes is as follows: 2 Bliss Parfuma, 2 Summer Romance, 2 Beverly, Madame Anisette, Cinderella Fairy Tale, Pomponella F Tale, Lion’s F Tale, Cream Veranda, Lavender Veranda, First Crush, Earth Angel, Honeymoon CL, Kiss me Kate CL, Kiss of Desire CL, Laguna CL, Jasmina CL, & Polar Express.

I’ll start with a few photos….

2 Summer’s Romance had 50 blooms on one of the bushes on the spring flush… & repeat blooms now….

Perfect Plum , a newbie, constant few blooms all season…

Beverly

Comments (48)

• rosecanadian
    last year

Kitty - beautiful! I especially love your SR! I can't access my hmf for advanced searches (list of Kordes roses) because I still haven't gotten a new email address. So I can't remember which roses were Kordes. I do remember that I loved Zaide. I grew it for 2 seasons and then it died in the GGDO when my daughter left the garage door open on a really, really cold winter day.

KittyNYz6 thanked rosecanadian
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Adding a few more photos of Kordes from my gardens 2022…

2 Beverly, often 5 ” diameter blooms, love her big blooms, prolific bloomer!

Earth Angel

Lion’s Fairy Tale

Jasmina CL

Honeymoon CL

Cinderella Fairy Tale CL, She shouod climb 6 ft or so, but just sending up 5 ft canes this August. No photos of her when tall yet. She may be my fav!

Laguna CL

Cream Veranda, starts creamy buds, then turns a liitle pink.

Kiss of Desire CL

• Related Discussions

Some of my new Kordes Roses

Q

Comments (17)
    My 6 Kordes roses from Palatine are thriving. Blush Circus bloomed after just two months after planting bare roots (zone 11). Flowers are huge, multi petaled pale pale pink w/ darker pink in its middle. Gorgeous blooms and healthy glossy leaves. Palatine is family run and was recommended to me directly by Kordes roses in Germany. They are licensed to carry the Kordes roses. Their bare root plants had beautiful thick canes with lush roots. Palatine provided excellent customer service helping me w/ rose selection, care, shipping and follow up.
    ...See More

My Maryland garden, mostly Kordes

Q

Comments (67)
    2016 health report: Completely black spot free: Plum perfect Poseidon Dark Desire Flamenco Rosita Rosanna 1 bloom Late Fall black spot: First crush Summer romance Zaide 1 bloom Quick silver no blooms Florentina no blooms Summer black spot: Heaven on earth Lost all leaves by August: Lavender veranda continuous blooms I gave away Oregold, Karl Ploberger died after my nephew stepped on it before a heat wave.
    ...See More

Beautiful Rose Garden- OGR's, Kordes, Etc., Interesting Stories...

Q

Comments (8)
    I visited Der Rossenmeister several times when I lived in Eastern Ontario. Leon is expert on growing tender roses in a cold climate, as the video shows. His gardens are spectacular and well worth a visit. My problem was I could not buy any of his roses when I visited, due to living north of the border. Thanks for posting the link. Rick
    ...See More

2022-2023 TROPICAL FLOWERS IN MY ROSE GARDEN

Q

Comments (131)
    March 7, 2023, I repotted 2 Brugmansias yesterday, after growing all winter inside home, into 12” pots still growing in bay window. They have been turned toward sun to straighten out leaves. Pots & Brugs are actually twice as big as photos Jan. 27 above. (They will be moved to bigger pots when it’s warm for outside.) Fruit Salad Brugmansia Angel Sweet Summer Brugmansia March 7, 2023: 3 PASSIFLORAS in bay window of home all doing well, filling out more leaves, BIG inside pots. Possum Purple Passiflora , in second season now, grows the best-it has the most hardy big glossy leaves-overgrowing it’s pot/obelisk & I just don’t want to cut it back-so beautiful & green-little gangly, Lol! ! May Pop, in 3rd season now, sprouted 5 new shoots & has many new long stems filling out obelisk, again. Victoria, in second season now, is nice & green, very full in obelisk! Daily watering makes them all most happy inside/outside! MORE TROPICALS: I’ll add a new African Violet, Orchid, Mandevilla and begonias as warmer weather comes. Anyone adding tropicals to their rose gardens this spring? Love to see photos?
    ...See More
  • rosecanadian
    last year

Ooooh!!! I love your Beverly!! What a great rose for you! Mine didn't do well for me. Your Cinderella is magical!! And I adore your Honeymoon!!! GASP!!

• librarian_gardner_8b_pnw
    last year

Lovely, Kitty. Of all the photos you shared, I think your Honeymoon is the most beautiful... But these are all nice!

KittyNYz6 thanked librarian_gardner_8b_pnw
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Pomponella Fairy Tale

Madame Anisette, Grandiflora, Yummy Anise-vanilla-honey-licorice fragrance-MY FAVORITE!

Kiss Me Kate

2 Bliss Parfuma, super fragrant , disease resistant, hardy!

Bliss Parfuma

I think that’s it for now…. First Crush & Lavendar Veranda are so newly planted-not yet bloomed.

Show Polar Exoress later-my most hardy prolific bloomer!

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    last year

Beautiful roses, Kitty! My SR gives hundreds of blooms its first flush so you have something to look forward to next year! She grows huge with many branches so shes especially prone to midge, unfortunately. Im giving them both GOOD haircuts next Spring. Cinderella is fabulous, always blooming, but the thrips love her. Bordeaux is another good one. She does BS and defoliate after incessant rain, but only if I dont fertilize her after blooming. Lets not forget the stellar Florentina either. Do you have any you absolutely can not believe can look so beautiful in you garden? Florentina is that rose for me..... magnificent either in or out of bloom. . An unsung hero that both Lilyfinch and I adore is Fire Opal. Great rose with perfect foliage, a sweet scent in the opening flower and non-stop bloom of the sort that stands out from a distance.

Not all Kordes are winners for me....Dark Desire is a BS magnet as is Zaide and Milano Kolorscape, First Crush could rebloom more, but on the whole they do well. Id love to hear a bit more about Jasmina and Pomponella. I have them planted at a friends garden, but in temporary spots. Pomponella is the biggest question mark.

KittyNYz6 thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Carol, Thank you! Zaide is a magnificent rose. I saw her in Sarah’s garden & she akways blooms a ton!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Kitty, they are all gorgeous and it's hard to pick a favorite, which seems to be necessary to humans. Like Librarian, I am so taken with Honeymoon, a really superb looking rose with sumptuous blooms. Kordes roses obviously love your garden, and you do treat them well. I only grow one Kordes and have kept it over the years because it's kind of unique and was only offered for sale for a short time. That is Caramel Antique, which was a florist rose. I've banished other Kordes roses over the years. I think Austin, Meilland, and Carruth roses do best here, though every hybridizer offers their share of turkeys. Pink Traviata was an awful Meilland in my garden, for example, and I notice it's not sold anywhere, either. Anyway, all your roses are spectacular, Kitty. Diane

Caramel Antique

KittyNYz6 thanked Diane Brakefield
  • charles kidder
    last year

I have several. Too lazy to make a list right now, but I think Westerland is my favorite one.

Kordes is my favorite hybridizer. Disease and cold resistant.

KittyNYz6 thanked charles kidder
  • KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Vapor, You have many Kordes I have not tried. Pomponella is very hardy—she’s doing well in sun-no BS…. vigorous-growing 5 ft first year…. tons blooms always! Florentina sounds heavenly! My favs are Summer Romance, Mme Anisette, Bliss, & Cinderella & Beverly! But I love all my climbers & all of them-they are my reliable roses-super healthy-so vigorous-bloom amazingly well, so hardy, no BS!

• berrypiez6b
    last year

You are so devoted Kitty, always out there in blazing heat fertilizing and caring for your roses . No wonder you end up with phenomenal blooms - Honeymoon has got to be one of the most romantic swirly confections imaginable. She is certainly one for strong consideration I would like to add along the side of my apartment. There is another rule we can't have anything touching the building. Tell that to my climbers, it's going to take constant pruning, they want to break all the rules.

Bliss is such an ultimate pink delicacy, it's right up there in my top five roses ever grown. She stays kept short and manageable in my small garden, good girl.

Had to get a whiff of Madame Anisette this morning ; her zero calories eye candy satisfies far better than licorice jelly beans. I still can hardly believe she is finally in my very own little cottage garden. The tall deep wine colored Black Knight pin cushion is blooming next to Madame to defend her from amorous Paul Neyron's advances.

Cream Veranda is on my shopping list , I'm not sure I need another one that color, but it sure looks like a wonderful rose to put in an Italian clay pot.

KittyNYz6 thanked berrypiez6b
    last year

@berrypiez6b, that combo would look etherieal. I agree about Bliss, also. Dont know how I forgot that one. I guess she asks for so little!

• berrypiez6b
    last year

Yes Vaporvac, it was my antique rose pride that kept me from trying new roses. I'm absolutely wildly pleased with these easy care Kordes roses, especially Bliss.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

@berrypiez6b Thank you! And I had to repost photos for Cream Veranda…. I even have a better one… need to look…. so updated post above photos. Cream veranda is young… she will full out in ruffles looking kinda like Bliss when mature next year. Love your post! Esp. “Black Knight defending Madame from Paul Neyron’s advances….”Ha, ha! Love that licorce scent from Madame A. Bliss is a real winner-had to get 2!!!

@Diane Brakefield Lovely Carmela! You do better growing roses that are tougher for me, the DA. I grow DA, but have to be so careful to keep them dry and protected in winter.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Vapor,

Pomponella is 5 ft first year…. just deadheaded her blooms….

THUNDER STORM STARTED on what was a sunny day…. now all grey clouds , wind blowing & boom!

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

@dianela7analabama

Wow! Those are big Kordes blooming rose bushes!!! Yours are little older than mine! Earth Angel is a dream of blooms! How many EA rose bushes do you have? My EA bloomed a lot her first season, but not like yours yet!!! My pomponella is beginning to perform, but again, yours-Oh My, goodness! And your Mme Anisette-super gorgeous & what a bloomer!!! Do you have any close up photos of Mme Anisette blooms in clusters? My MA is young w/ few blooms ongoing but -Wow-what I have to look forward to!!! I really love your Figi & Bordeaux, too! Is that your statue-lovely! Summers Romance is gorgeous, too-a favorite! All amazing bloomers. What is your location? I wonder where you grow such fabulous roses? My your property is large… do you have acres?

• rosecanadian
    last year

Kitty!! Your roses are heavenly!! MA and PFT are incredible!! But then so are Bliss and KMK!!! :) :) Thanks! I'd get Zaide again....died in the GGDO. I always thought it had charm. :) :) And the fragrance was great too.

Diane - I love the color on your CA. :)

Oh, come on Dianela!! :) :) :) Your roses are phenomenal!!! I really can't believe how many blooms your roses have. My mouth gaped open when I saw your Bordeaux...and then the rest of those beauties followed. SWOON!

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Carol, Thank you! And does GGDO mean ”Great Garden Do Over!” He, he! That’s what I am doing (too!) last spring 2022 when I tossed 20-30 roses & replaced-didnt count & next year-doing over every rose bush that‘s left that gets BS & replacing most of the time w/ a Kordes, disease resistant rose. Both of us are ”doing it over!!!! Lol! i’m having a GGDO!!!!!!LOL!

I am for sure ordering Kordes from Roses Unlimited for next spring: 2023:

1. Zaide

2. Larissa

3. Elegant Fairy Tale

4. Alexandar Princesse de Luxemburg

5. Karl Ploberger

APdLuxemburg (photo from book)

AND ROSIE FRIENDS,

I highly recimmend you order this book online from Amazon. I bought it for Kindle $11:

150 Disease Resistant Roses, Roses Without Chemicals, by Peter Kukielski! Photos in book of 150 roses & ratings for their health & blooming/fragrance. Fun to see how well these roses rate!!!!! Kordes rate really high!!!!

It has tons of Kordes roses & others!

I am so ready for a no spray garden! No more BS!!!!!! How about you?????

Elegant Fairy Tale ( photo from Kordes site)

Larissa (photo from bk)

Zaide (photo from bk)

Karl Ploberger, Kordes (from book)

Wow! Love having these roses w/ no diseases in my garden soon!

Anyone have these roses?

last year

I have had multiple Zaid in multiple spots and there are all black spot magnets for what it's worth.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Vapor,

Wonderful! Lol! Can’t get away from BS!!!!

Zaide was rated 54 in disease resistance in book! That's a very high score-Of course a 60 score is best! And I do see my roses with 60 scores dont get it ir just one leaf-no oroblem. 54 is more susceptible. But few are 60 rated-very few!!!!! LOL! Simply lovely!

Think I’ll oray for dry weather! Or visit La, CA!

Yes, Lets all move to CA! Lol!

• dianela7analabama
    last year

@KittyNYz6

Thank you very much.

I have three earth angels in that area planted maybe 2 feet apart, forgot specifics but close. They make a big bush around 7 1/2 to 8 feet wide together. I garden in north Alabama which is a pretty close to Birmingham. Those pictures are from from original garden which I started in 2016, the property has 4 acres but I garden in an area of maybe 2 acres. There are too many deer around which are always pruning my roses. I am actually gardening at another property also which has a very small yard and only choosing those roses which can be grown completely no spray here. I am always on the lookout for blackspot resistant varieties.

Madame A is slow to rebloom and that is her only flaw

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

@dianela7analabama

Thank you! Love your M Anisette photos! Your Earth Angels make a nice profusion of blooms-hedge!

What other roses do you have that are disease resistant other than your Kordes? How many rises do you have in 2 properties?

Any DA? N Alabama-the south! Looks like your roses do well there!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Kitty - GGDO means Great Garage Die Off when my daughter left the garage door open all day/night when the temps were -25C/-13F. It was a bloodbath for most of my roses. I like your GGDO much better! Those roses are going to be fabulous for you!!! :) :) They're stunning!! And it's good to get rid of roses that are disease prone. Well done!

Dianela - oh my!!! What a rose!!! Madame Anisette is beyond beyond!! I don't mind slow bloomers. And MA looks like the blooms would last a long time.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Carol, 13F is pretty cold-if only we never made mistakes! I’ll let you know when I get to the point of having no mistakes-Lol! I like the ”Great Garden Do Over” GGDO, too! We keep experimenting and by trial/error we do our gardens over & over!!! Lol! You know Kordes are usually very winter hardy, too! Good for Canadian cold-for you, too!

I esp. love Alexandra Princesse de Luxemberg! So pink & frilly! That’s me-I love those frills! Lol! And Karl Ploberger looks like an English rose- beautiful yellow!!!

• dianela7analabama
    last year

Carol Madame anisette’s blooms last a long while and she has a very good base life. I would definitely recommend her.

KittyNYz6 thanked dianela7analabama
  • dianela7analabama
    last year

I have over 400 roses in my garden, but many of them are repeats. I normally plant in groups of 3 or more with some exceptions. Also I have lost like 20 plants to Rose rosette over the years which has left me short on several varieties. I love David Austins and much prefer their look to the Kordes. I love flexible canes that bend and make “a bush ball” lol I also like nodding blooms which I know others consider a flaw. I have several Aston’s that do well here even considering that some get blackspot but those recover quickly. I’ll try to make a quick list. I also have a few that aren’t Austin’s.

• dianela7analabama
    last year

Austin’s with good disease resistance

Meaning gets some blackspot but can be grown no spray if you don’t mind some foliage loss. They don’t completely defoliate.

Teasing Georgia

Olivia Austin

Princess Anne

Lichfield Angel

Spirit of freedom

Benjamin Britten

Queen Sweden

Less resistant but still decent. They defoliate but recover

Q gardens

Lady of Shalott

Darcey Bussell

Boscobel

Mary rose

Molineux

Non Austin’s that do well no spray with almost zero blackspot besides Kordes all in full sun. With less sun more disease

Flamenco rosita

Darlow’s enigma

Blossom time

Mel’s heritage

Awakening

Peggy Martin

Sweet drifts

Raspberry cream twirl

Guirlande D’Amour

some long range shots of my garden in full spring

sorry for the super picture spam. Everything looks so bad now it was nostalgic to post spring pictures. My garden can only look this good with regular antifungal spraying all season long. Even ADR winners like quicksilver get blackspot here with zero spray. I have however found those on my list to do well no spray enough they can recover and make new foliage so you don't have a naked stick in your yard after may.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

@dianela7analabama

I had to ponder awhile over your roses as they are magnificent and sooooo many! Love your landscaping! Rather grand! In your last photo above you have a pink climber-very tall-in middle upper part of photo-very grand climber! What climber is it? And in your white home porch you have a climber over the entrance-can you name that climber, too?

POST UPDATED:

Love your rose lists! I had realized many of those DA do fine! I have DAs that do well, no BS mainly:

Olivia

Mary Rose, almost none

Princess Anne

Lich Angel

(Like to add Queen of Sweden)

Eglantyne

Heritage, almost none

Desdemona

Brother Cadfael

Harlow Carr

Munstead Wood, almost none

Queen Elizabeth, almost none

Strawberry Hill, almost none

Thank you for your lists.. I may add a few from your lists in future.

And I have Flamenco Rosita, Peach Drift, & Sweet Drift and others that do well.

It’s interesting how you handle DA & your Kordes & others in the south! No spray in the south is a wonderful achievement.

Anyway, your gardens are a dream! Thank you for sharing your lovely gardens! How heavenly to stroll through them! I’d like more profuse blooming! My roses are mainly new so I’ll give them a couple years to bloom more.

• rosecanadian
    last year

Kitty - lots of mistakes made here...that's for sure. :) :) I haven't had the best success with Kordes roses. I'm to the point, where I'll probably pass on any Kordes. But, I can admire yours, that's for sure! :) :)

Dianela - well, being a Kordes rose, I may just admire yours and Kitty's from afar. :) :) Well, 20 roses out of 400 isn't that bad. I'm really happy that you can keep growing roses with RRD in your area. You're probably very vigilant which helps it to not spread further than one or two roses. :) Holy moley!!! Please don't apologize for showing your garden...I really enjoyed your rose bonanza!!! What is the beauty climbing over your door? Zepherine Drouhin? Man, you can really, really grow roses!

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Carol, Thank you. I think last year for you was a once & only. Your roses are fabulous now & will stay that way! I’d think Kordes would be fine for you?

I read that DA roses bloom faster than Kordes., that’s a plus for DA, although, I must be careful to choose the rises most d resistant. You on the other hand can choose any DA!!!!

However, Kordes are wonderful & have some spectacular blooms! My favorite Kordes that I have is between Cinderella & Summer’s Romance. Summer’s Romance has big blooms in clusters of 10 blooms which is spectacular, but Cinderella will climb and has a profusion of blooms. And the new Kordes I plan to order really looks fabulous. If one rose like Zaide didn’t work out in the GGDO, I’m sure others can work for you?

However, I really think that since you have the pick of all the roses, as you overwinter all in garage, you can have DAs, Kordes, almost any dream rose!!!!! So that’s a lot of wonderful choices!!!

I added Eglantine, and Brother Cadfael, Strawberry Hill & few other DAs, (post updated above) to my list of DA that are disease resistant as they do well so far in my gardens, too.

• rosecanadian
    last year

No, I've tried Kordes roses for quite a while. Not good for me. The odd one does okay.

I'm really excited to see your pictures next year...new roses, and then the ones from this year will be 2nd year roses...it will be an amazing show! :) :)

• judijunebugarizonazn8
    last year

Diane, I noticed you mentioned several days ago on this thread that you don’t grow any Kordes roses anymore except one. You said they don’t do as well for you as some other roses for you. Would you mind explaining how the Kordes roses perform in your arid climate? The reason I ask is because I am not happy with Kiss Me Kate arborose and I’m wondering if this is typical for Kordes roses in hot, dry climates. My KMK is growing very well. In fact, too well. The spring flush was lovely to behold, nothing to complain about there! Great big cupped fragrant pink blossoms… and then, all summer long, nothing. Oh well, maybe two or three blooms a time or two, but the plant grows like crazy. It keeps breaking new nasal shoots all the time, great big thick, stiff canes that shoot all over the place and can’t be trained. Should I whack it way back after the initial flush in the spring to encourage rebloom and keep it in check, or is this just what Kordes roses do in climates with long, hot summers?It is almost frightening the way it grows. I don’t find its shape charming in the least. And yet, there are some Kordes roses that really tempt me badly…Earth Angel, especially. Dianela, your beautiful photos of EA aren’t helping me resist the temptation. Yours are scrumptious!They don’t look stiff in the least, rather they arch and nod in the charming way I love so well. But if they will turn into stiff, rampant monsters in my climate, I am going to look the other way.

KittyNYz6 thanked judijunebugarizonazn8
  • L Clark (zone 4 WY)
    last year

Oh my word, beautiful beautiful beautiful pictures. Absolutely stunning.

KittyNYz6 thanked L Clark (zone 4 WY)
  • dianela7analabama
    last year

@KittyNYz6

Thank you very much. I forgot to mention Desdemona also does great here , Bathsheba and Claire Austin. I am also growing the new ones Eustacia V and Silas Marner and seem good so far tho not immune by any means.

The very large climber on my last picture is Mel’s Heritage. I am growing that rose in several areas and it always shines. All it needs is full sun and it will grow and bloom. I consider it the rockstar of my climbers. The rose over my front porch is Raspberry cream twirl, it is one of my best climbers. It is also almost completely thorn free and it can be grown as a large self standing bush if given time. It is a strong bicolor rebloomer.

Thank you all and specially Carol for always being so kind and always having nice comments for others. Growing roses in the south with our warm season and lots of rain is fairly easy as long as we have a good spraying routine. I am hopping to have a spray free garden in the future and it may be posible with all the newer varieties.

RasbRaspberry cream self standing. same variety that is growing over my front door arch

Here she is growing next to Laguna. laguna is the two bloom over my arm. Ras Raspberry, Laguna and Flamenco Rosita have very very similar colors.Raspberry reblooms much more often and profusely than Laguna and is almost thornless.
    Laguna has a bit better blackspot resistance.

Giant climber is Mel’s Heritage

Color can range from light peachy pink to pink. Give it sun and water and he will impress you. Nicely fragrant too.

blooming right now, crazy heat and dry weather. Single cane with older blooms still attached

• titian1 10b Sydney
    last year

Kitty, this thread makes me wish I was going to try roses again! You have some beauties, and they've established so quickly.

dianela, it's a treat to see your garden. It looks amazing. I wish I could walk around it.

KittyNYz6 thanked titian1 10b Sydney
    last year

I agree With you. Carol Is the best and always so kind to everyone.

• berrypiez6b
    last year

Your detailed rose reports are really helpful Kitty. I've been wanting to switch out some of my thorniest roses for more thornless varieties.

• rosecanadian
    last year

Dianela - Oh you are so sweet to mention me like that. :) I don't feel like I answer any differently than others...except for being freer with the :) :) and the !!!!. :) :) And now I have to SWOON over your unbelievable roses!!! !!!! What do I say that would do your climbers justice??? I would love to be in your yard and see these in person...I can't imagine. :) Mel's Heritage is (I can't think of a word to do it justice) !!!!!! :) :)

Vaporvac - awww shucks. :) :)

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

@judijunebugarizonazn8

Kiss Me Kate is an exquisite bloomer first flush & I have heard she’s slow blooming afterwards in summer. And yes she is a very vigorous green cane grower! I have a KMK & same story! I need to move her to more sun, though. If you let her grow & grow she may have lots of blooms next years soring flush.

However, Kordes are all different bloomers, but all my 15 Kordes do repeat well except KMKate.

( forgot to post my Wedding Belle, Kordes)

2 Wedding Bells bushes…Very hardy, No BS, lovely glossy leaves & blooms!

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Trisha, Thank you! I wm very grateful for Kordes! They are such hardy roses!

Berrypie, Thank you! I am keeping my lists for records for my new job. And helps me know what to buy now & hope it helps all of us. Yes, I like switching out the thorny ones! We ought to make a list of thornless roses!

@dianela7analabama

Thank you again! Your photos are spectacular! And you are so wonderful to share your successes with roses both DA & Kordes. I am going to add Bethsheba & Claire Austin to my list for no BS-YAY! i added Eutascia & Silas, too as maybes….. I’m keeping a list of DA we can grow well in humid climates!!! So nice to know!!!!!

Thank you! Mel’s Heritage seems to do really well for you! MH is a calling me to climb-maybe in the future. Raspberry Cream Twirl is tempting-thornless-Mmmmmmm!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Kitty - you bought another Wedding Bells this year, didn't you? It really does well for you...that first bloom is WOWZA! :)

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Carol,

Yes, Thank you. I ordered a 2nd Wedding Bells. It was one if the best mist disease resustant ever!!!!!! roses that did really well last summer-no BS!!!! I ordered doubles of Kordes that did well to replace spots.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

My Kordes Collections, 24 total soon to be:

2 Wedding Bell Eleganzas, HTs

2 Beverly Eleganzas, HTs

2 Summer’s Romance Parfuma, Floribunda

2 Bliss Parfuma, Floribunda

Dark Desire Parfuma, Grandiflora

Mme Anisette Parfum, Grandiflora

Earth Angel Parfuma, Floribunda

First Crush Parfuma, Floribunda (just planted,)

Pomponella Fairy Tale, Floribunda (CL)

Cinderella Fairy Tale, Floribunda, (CL)

Lion’s Fairy Tale, Floribunda

Elegant Fairy Tale-ORDER FALL

Plum Perfect Sunbelt, Floribunda

Polar Express, Landscape Shrub

Cream Veranda, Floribunda, patio

Lavendar Veranda, Floribunda,patio

Zaide, Landscape Shrub -ORDER FALL

Larissa, Kandscape shrub-ORDER FALL

Alexandra Princess de Luxemberg, ORDER FALL

Karl Ploberger, yellow, ORDER FALL

• rosecanadian
    last year

I think you'll love Zaide. :) :) I'd order it again. :) You've found a rose breeder that has roses that really do well for you! We'll have to call you Kordes Kitty. :) :)

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you, Carol! Yes, with my Fingerlakes rain in spring, summer, fall and cold winters…. Kordes have been my saving grace! No worries with them performing well!

• dianela7analabama
    last year

@KittyNYz6

how does laven verando perform for you? She is beautiful here in the spring but then defoliates completely.

• KittyNYz6
    Original Author
    last year

@dianela7analabama

Good Evening, Dianela,,

Soring & summer my roses were all doing well.

I just had Lavendar Veranda delivered a month ago and she’s leafed out nicely w/ a few blooms. However, it started raining every 3 days, 2 weeks ago. It is humid or ground is almost always damp. No BS on Lavender Veranda. She is in a very sunny spot 10+ hours sun-all day! She is on hill drains well.

I don’t have it as humid as you and its not feeling humid now…. but the soil stays damp and rains too much.

BTW, “New 2022-2023 Proven Winners , Houzz thread show new Reminiscent Roses. I have Reminiscent Pink & Crema and they are amazingly disease resistant!! Esp. the Crema. Neither get BS. R Pink-I saw a tad of mildew. R Crema can sit in soggy soil ( from too much rain) & grow as if it‘s no problem!-no fungus ever!!!!!