SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_231049093

Schlege vs Omnia/ Emtek door handles

Farah A
last year
last modified: last year

Hi everyone! I wanted to get people's opinions on a design decision. I'm redoing my apartment and need to replace all the doors (and therefore the door handles). I just got the quote from the door hardware company and I almost fell out of my seat. $2,500 for the hardware for 10 doors using mostly Omnia. Admittedly some of the doors have keyed locks and a few have turn locks (for example the bathroom and bedroom) and for Omnia and Emtek that involves having a separate unit for those functions in addition to the lever. I love the satin brass color and just for comparison sake I went to Home Depot today and saw they had a brand called Sclege which seems to be much cheaper. Some of the door levers are only $30-50 with the most expensive one $77 (and the lock function is built into the lever) whereas the Omnia or Emtek starts out around ~$130 each. I'm wondering if anyone really notice these door handles/ what people's opinions are. It seems like a big price difference but on the other hand I also realize it's a one-time cost. Also I don't like the unlacquered look/ patina changing so wanted to ask if anyone had Schlege and noticed the color changing over time. Omnia/ Emtek I've been told should not change color.

Comments (8)