SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
createanddesign

Vanity Lighting - Help

Looking for suggestions with lighting for master bath vanities. Your assistance is Greatly appreciated.

We have totally demoed the bathroom down to studs (so no pics, just sketches I've prepared).

My objectives are 1) to use/work with the wall to wall mirrors my DH wants 2) provide bright lighting at vanity area for H 3) lighting that will not throw shadows and provide good make-up lighting 4) even though our vanities are separated by a bank of dressing mirrors, want the two to work together cohesively.

Challenges are 1) Wanted Sconces on side walls of each vanity but when I get to my vanity the sink is so close to the right side wall that I think the sconce would be an obstruction when at the sink. (sink will be approx. 4" away from wall. 2) If I try to put sconces thru the mirror (mirrors not installed yet) it would still be too close to sink.

Any thoughts/suggestions? The electrician is coming in two days and guess where he is starting - yikes- in Master bath. We are in midst of whole house reno lots and lots of decisions and this one has really really really stumped me. My attempt at sketching the layout of MB and one of just the most difficult vanity. Thank you so much in advance for your advise.

Comments (5)