SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily_piper62

Help with kitchen layout regarding fridge location

Emily Piper
last year

This is my first time posting, please be gentle. I’ve recently decided that I think I want to go with a freezer-less column fridge. My initial thought is to leave the fridge location as is (regular French door fridge is shown in the plan) and put the full fridge column in the kitchen, and then do a standup freezer in the pantry. And maybe an under counter nugget ice maker in there as well. This will be our forever home so I’m not worried about resale. If I chose to do the large built in fridge and freezer columns, the only location would be on that back wall. Either in the middle with windows flanking it on either side, or separate the columns with the window in the middle. However, I feel like having the fridge almost 20 feet from the sink is just too far! By the way, I’m totally ok with the range being off center, in fact I just increased the size from 36 to 48!

Any advice or opinions on overall layout? I’m hoping no one here is going to majorly burst my bubble as this is a kitchen I’ve been designing in my head for close to a decade! :-)

Comments (7)