SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtpam2

Layout help for Kitchen & Fridge Please

mtpam2
12 years ago

Could you please help me decide where my Standard SxS 36" x 33 1/2" deep fridge can go in my kitchen layout? I need some advice so we can get going with the electrical and the rest of the redo. Tore out the kitchen to the studs (except for the sink area) last Oct. Due to several reasons, we are just getting back to it. All winter I have tried to decide which location would work better.

In the layout below, I have the fridge next to the doorway to the Living Room. I am not sure that it leaves me enough room between stove and fridge. My husband would prefer to put it at the bottom of the layout on the bathroom wall where I am currently showing the pantry and 30" cupboard.

I am concerned about putting it on the Bathroom wall, because it would stick out almost 9" further than the pantry with the door closed and when you would open the door it would be very close to the table. We could possibly recess it into the bathroom area about 10" which would make it about the same depth as the pantry. We can't recess it any further due to sink plumbing and venting in the walls.

That is a major traffic walk way from the front of the house to the back of the house. My husband & I park in the back so always come in that way, and our laundry and one of the girls bedroom is in the basement also.

If you can think of a better place for the fridge or any suggestions overall, I would greatly appreciate it. We have a 30" Electric range, so it can be moved if needed. Would be nice to have it on the outside wall, but can't figure out how. The sink is plumbed at the top, but could possibly be moved. If it would help, I don't think I would mind if it was not centered under the window. We are DIY, so need a little guidance.

My husband doesn't want to move any windows since we just replaced them and re-sided the house last year. Also, the interior wall that the stove is on is load bearing, and he doesn't want to mess with that either.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm