SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
makethechange

Carrara marble too close to Danby marble?

makethechange
last year

I planned my whole kitchen and bathroom around carrara marble with white cabinets and a charcoal grey island. The cabs are installed as is the basketweave. You can see inside the bathroom on the way to the kitchen. (not the toilet). So now I'm on the hunt for a pretty white cararra with nice veinig and all I'm finding is muddy grey. I've been to about six stoneyards and I am running out of time.

Buy your stone first people. The solution is to use soapstone on the countertop in the bathroom and use Olympian Danby marble in the kitchen on the counters. It's a lot warmer than the cabinets so already I'm pretty worried but I have classic gray (warmish) on the walls, brass hardware and I could somehow tie the backsplash to the white white cabinets. I hope. But.....will it look weird to have soapstone visible with a lot of veining on the bathroom countertop and that whiteish black and white basketweave on the bathroom floor and the creamier Danby in the kitchen, all visible together as you start to walk into the hallway for the kitchen. Is it better to have not great cararra just to have it all tie together better? I'm at a loss.

Comments (4)