SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeowner2011a

Carrara Marble (Tile Shop) vs. Grecian Marble (Home Depot)

newhomeowner2011a
12 years ago

We are going to be covering 2 walls in our shower (2 others are glass) with subway tile all the way to the ceiling.

We have been shopping around and saw that the Tile Shop has (not honed) Lansdale Carrara Subway tile (7.5 x 15 cm) for $11.99/sqft.

We then went to Home Depot to find they have what looks to us (and our untrained eyes) to be very similar but they call it Grecian White in 3x6 subway tiles for $5.49/sqft.

We are doing the floors and shower pan in Carrara Subway basketweave tile (with the black squares to match our black granite countertop) - we picked the pattern that has the contoured sides vs. the one with straight sides - basically ours aren't rectangles like the traditional basketweave pattern. Anyway, for the floors, we selected the grey/white veining in the marble - no tan/browns in it so ideally we would like to keep that coloring on the shower surround too.

Please share your thoughts on using the Tile Shop vs. HD subway tile - obviously price is a huge difference - anything else we should note? My husband plans on doing the install himself unless I deliver my baby early - is one easier than the other to install?

Thanks so much!

Comments (10)