SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_64397441

First time home buyer - Need help on adding a new bathroom

sn na
last year

Hi all,

We are first time home byers. Our requirements were a princess suite and other things but with the way market is we had no luck since 2 years so, finally settled on a new home which has none of the things we were looking for but it is a new home that they are reselling/flipping. we gave up the other 3 things we were looking for but i absolutely need a princess suite ( because of personal reasons ) on the 2nd floor which is not offered in this house. I had talked with someone who had worked in the community and he mentioned it is possible but cost around 18-20 K which I'm okay to bear. My question is I'm not sure where we can add it. I'm looking for a small standing shower, 1 vanity and 1 toilet in a small place as a necessity and nothing more than that.

There are no walk in closets that we can use.

1. One of them suggested adding it in the loft area from inside the bedroom 4 which I'm not sure how it will look which will make the loft very small and will close out the 2 windows. we want to use the loft area for TV/Projection
  2. One other option I'm thinking is opening up the wall between BD 4 and BD 3 and then adding a bathroom in BD 3 where closet is. This way it will be extended BD with seating/desk. I'm okay to lose 1 BD.
  3. It would have been great if i could remove both the closets from inside BD 4 and outside BD 4 but the person who looked at it quick said there is not enough space for a full bath there.

Please let me know your suggestions ! Thank you !

The ones highlighted in yellow are the existing closets ( not walk in )

Red drawing are the 2 options 1 and 2

Comments (6)