SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jb_181411202

Sherwin-Williams HGTV at Lowe's vs. paint from Sherwin-Williams Stores

jb_181411202
last year
last modified: last year

Painting a rental home's interior and exterior. I'm planning to use Valspar paint for the interior walls, doors, and trim since those will most certainly be repainted more frequently than the exterior. I haven't decided which tier of Valspar paint to use yet.

However, for the exterior, I want something extremely long-lasting and durable. I've also read a lot that says, with paint especially, you get what you pay for. I see that I can get the Everlast tier of paint from the HGTV line by Sherwin-Williams at Lowe's for under $60 per gallon while paint from Sherwin-Williams directly is in the range of $90 to over $100 per gallon.

Does anyone have experience with the HGTV Sherwin Williams line? Would I be sacrificing durability and longevity if I went with the Everlast HGTV paint as it is lower priced? Are the paints directly from Sherwin Williams stores better, or are they simply overpriced with zero benefit to show for it?

Edited: The exterior paint color will be yellow, a color that I've heard is a high fade risk. But I figure with the right paint, it should be perfectly fine.

Comment (1)